Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly. But those are like a kunt hair away from being blogger pics...

cheaper phone pics

hot toys batman begins jaxon sculpt 449611573_10161383133465040_8021847449222315931_n.jpg

hot toys batman begins jaxon sculpt 449647456_10161383133705040_7633617807315656435_n.jpg

I'm still struggling to like 2.0 more than my DX09. I may just keep the diorama base and sell the 2.0 figure.

1000014785.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I think I might have :thud: Regardless of what others think of it, owning JND's Cavill Superman has sort of ruined 1/6 for me as far as movie characters go. That level of realism is too dang good in person, but it of course comes at a cost. While I've been selling a lot of my 1/6 collection as it is, last night I was contemplating going even further meaning getting rid of most of my movie related 1/6 figures. We'll see though.
You wouldn’t like to transition to just their 1:6 line? Same materials but posable.

I know it’ll take a while to build a proper collection from their offerings given the current rate, but owning a lot of 1:3 heavy statues seems like the all or bust approach given how ravaged the aftermarket is currently, at least imo. A positive outlook from your approach would be the less likelihood of reissues and 2.0’s.

That is true, he hiked the prices a bit and also depends on size. My Robocop was most expensive at $45 but that’s cause of the added 3D effect.
damn hopefully his basic acrylic bases are still $15 a piece. i used to buy a lot of them in bulk and he gave me a discount each time

I have been trying to have all my figures use @Cocoboloboy bases. Really good quality. Diorama bases are cool, but I like some uniformity lol
Thanks! 😎
I have to say, I’m somewhat in agreement with @Mr. Awesome, I collect figures and not display stands. That’s why I try to design everything I make to compliment the figure and not overshadow it.

The fact he refuses to purchase Display Heroes stands is intolerable though. Ignore feature engaged!

Doggone it. I don’t want to cancel my deluxe, then order a DX09 + Unreal’s sculpt + Jaxon’s cape… but I do… but I don’t… :monkey2

I was thinking to buy DX09 instead of this too. But idk, the suit/body have many years now, so idk if will hold long enough. Another thing I like on this one is his height. So:

DX09:
- Suit Texture

- Height
- Price

Will change the headsculpt and cape, so those 2 doesn't matter lol

I still think that to get the ULTIMATE 89 Keaton Batman figure, you need:

1. MMS 2.0 head (bat emblem is screen accurate) + DX09 mouth plates (or better ones)
2. DX09 suit (since the texture is better on that one)
3. MMS 2.0 belt (IMO the color is close enough to correct)
4. MMS 2.0 cape or a custom better one

Has anyone tried this combo? Curious to see the results.

Just my personal opinion for what its worth:
I think the HT Batman Returns has the best Keaton mouth plate (no silly smile).
Would be awesome if Jaxon (or others) scanned that and tweaked it to fit the 2.0.

They should totally include this mouthplate with the Returns 2.0, as well as the bomb he sticks onto the big circus strongman.

Sadly Hot Toys always packs their Batman figures with boring accessories - always just their gadgets. The last time a Batman came with fun accessories was Adam West. The new Clooney doesn’t even come with his bat credit card, nor hockey sticks + skates. That would be funny.

Last edited:
Thanks! 😎
I have to say, I’m somewhat in agreement with @Mr. Awesome, I collect figures and not display stands. That’s why I try to design everything I make to compliment the figure and not overshadow it.

The fact he refuses to purchase Display Heroes stands is intolerable though. Ignore feature engaged!
You sound bitter bro lol

Jokes. I would never **** on your work.

I'll also never pay what they're worth. I can't man, figures are enough for me. I ain't collecting figs AND stands. Come on, lol.

And a daily reminder that I'M STILL NOT CANCELING MY ETERNAL TOYS CAT LADY

Good day!

I also didn't buy the 2.0 version. Just keeping my DX09, ordered a Jaxon cape, and ordered the Unreal Toys. However, the Jaxon face plate is really looking pretty good. The DX09 is a nice figure but it isin't as great as some voice out to be. The cowl near the neck has this weird V-shape inward, the eyes are kind of cartoony.

Back