Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the Jaxon camp. For likeness alone, to my eye. I hope we all end up happy somehow.

I am a bit shocked that you'll give up the old faithful DX09 face for the Unreal. Just goes to show how different we all see these things.

Crazy, right?
DX09 has the caricature thing going on. Great in its day but realism has come on a bit. Trouble is MMS692 may have improved realism but it neglected to bring the actor likeness along with.

I guess I'll stick with my 2.0 when it gets here but likely sell it when Joost puts his version up for pre-order.

I guess I'll stick with my 2.0 when it gets here but likely sell it when Joost puts his version up for pre-order.
See I don't understand these comments.

Just cancel it, let the nxt guy on the waitlist get it, no?

And waiting on a Joost figure that isn't Catwoman or (apparently) Penguin is like saying

"I'll just wait 4 years for the InArt Batfleck. No go ahead and enjoy yourselves. I'll wait"

What is that?

I'll have done enjoyed AND SOLD OFF the figure you're still waiting on nearly half a decade later.

Again, what is that?

It's becoming increasingly aware to me that I am... possibly over aggressive with my comments.

I certainly don't mean to make ya feel my comment I quoted you on is an attack on you, man. It was just a reply. No harm no foul.

I believe it's removable but it's being slightly blocked by the connection for the neck post. If you can angle it and push it from the bottom it should work. Though Jaxon would have to do it also to see how if it's feasible to do.
Yeah OT has his where you just install them and then put the eyes into their sockets. This would be a great improvement and isn’t all that difficult if you’re already printing faceplates, just a matter of getting them to curve correctly to the stock eyes with no visible gaps.

Currently Jaxon's mouth plate and lips looks more like Keaton's than dx09, Unreals and 2.0s to me, especially from this top down camera angle. Keaton's lips aren't that big especially when relaxed, he just did a puckered up lips look in some scenes that people remember him by (hopefully Jaxon does a mouth plate version of that).

It's hard to find camera shots of the movie with a similar camera angle and clear view of his face with a top down angle (you can tell by the angle of the cowl nose), most scenes are shot with a low camera looking upward or straight ahead.

View attachment 723574

View attachment 723575
Jaxon’s face likeness looks SO MUCH better! Immediately recognized that as Keaton. That’s even without paint on it.

I'm in the Jaxon camp. For likeness alone, to my eye. I hope we all end up happy somehow.

I am a bit shocked that you'll give up the old faithful DX09 face for the Unreal. Just goes to show how different we all see these things.

Crazy, right?

dx09 just looks goofy to me, I find all of the new versions an upgrade over it.

hot toys batman 1989 dx09 vs 2.0 vs unreal vs real 2.jpg

dx09 just looks goofy to me, I find all of the new versions an upgrade over it.

View attachment 723616
I'll take the DXO9 face plate. I've always hated the cowl tho. That's one area I personally feel the 2.0 nailed.

Unreal isn't even in the race for me tho.

Edit: also, what a absolutely horrid Pic you used for the 2.0. Come on man..

Last edited:
See I don't understand these comments.

Just cancel it, let the nxt guy on the waitlist get it, no?

And waiting on a Joost figure that isn't Catwoman or (apparently) Penguin is like saying

"I'll just wait 4 years for the InArt Batfleck. No go ahead and enjoy yourselves. I'll wait"

What is that?

I'll have done enjoyed AND SOLD OFF the figure you're still waiting on nearly half a decade later.

Again, what is that?
Because I want a Keaton Batman. Simple.

If it was a Batman Begins style disaster I would cancel. It's not. It's a long way from perfect but I'll be happy with it until something better comes along.

When that time comes, be it Jazzinc, InArt or even HT 3.0 lol I'll likely sell this one.

Don't see what's wrong with that.

Because I want a Keaton Batman. Simple.

If it was a Batman Begins style disaster I would cancel. It's not. It's a long way from perfect but I'll be happy with it until something better comes along.

When that time comes, be it Jazzinc, InArt or even HT 3.0 lol I'll likely sell this one.

Don't see what's wrong with that.
My man.

Yeah seems to be. Dang. At least they're not huge... Ehh nvm. Joker - cool af looking but idk.

I collect figures, I'm not interested in these huge slices of film in the form of what is essentially a gd piece of 1/6 furniture lol

HT is super guilty of this too. And their regular bases are making them nearly 15 inches tall.

Geez. Straight to Ebay. All of them.

Yeah seems to be. Dang. At least they're not huge... Ehh nvm. Joker - cool af looking but idk.

I collect figures, I'm not interested in these huge slices of film in the form of what is essentially a gd piece of 1/6 furniture lol

HT is super guilty of this too. And their regular bases are making them nearly 15 inches tall.

Geez. Straight to Ebay. All of them.
I have been trying to have all my figures use @Cocoboloboy bases. Really good quality. Diorama bases are cool, but I like some uniformity lol

You've graduated beyond 1/6 dolls.

I see you, gip. 😂

Joking. More power to ya.
Actually, I think I might have :thud: Regardless of what others think of it, owning JND's Cavill Superman has sort of ruined 1/6 for me as far as movie characters go. That level of realism is too dang good in person, but it of course comes at a cost. While I've been selling a lot of my 1/6 collection as it is, last night I was contemplating going even further meaning getting rid of most of my movie related 1/6 figures. We'll see though.

Well, not the ones I'm interested in lol

The man hand crafts these stands. He deserves ever measly dollar he's asking for them. It's a fair price, considering.

But I still ain't paying it. No hate to Coco. That's just my position on it.

Back