Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I think I might have :thud: Regardless of what others think of it, owning JND's Cavill Superman has sort of ruined 1/6 for me as far as movie characters go. That level of realism is too dang good in person, but it of course comes at a cost. While I've been selling a lot of my 1/6 collection as it is, last night I was contemplating going even further meaning getting rid of most of my movie related 1/6 figures. We'll see though.
I know. I see you haunting the JND thread lol.

Collect what we love, I say.

I need to get a coco stand that can accomodate R2 and 3PO on the shelf together.

Since we're on the topic, I also hate Hot Toy's inconsistency with bases. And I also think the new standard "gear" design for their Star Wars figures is awful.

But at least they can hold the figures (Inart)

I got Stoney's acrylic support for the Inart Joker base. Thinking about getting another. But these can get expensive, especially when you factor in the cost of shipping.

That is true, he hiked the prices a bit and also depends on size. My Robocop was most expensive at $45 but that’s cause of the added 3D effect.

I need to get a coco stand that can accomodate R2 and 3PO on the shelf together.

Since we're on the topic, I also hate Hot Toy's inconsistency with bases. And I also think the new standard "gear" design for their Star Wars figures is awful.

But at least they can hold the figures (Inart)
Oof. Truth hurts. Stop. Lol.

I know. I see you haunting the JND thread lol.

Collect what we love, I say.
Yup! that's definitely the way to go! :duff

I have their 1/3 Reeve duo set on order as well as their single 1/3 Pfeiffer Catwoman. Will probably order their 1/3 Aragorn if it's good enough which should be showed off in November.

Anyway, back on topic - the Jaxon mouthplate looks like it should fix the issues many have with the headsculpt and the paint apps will more than likely be good enough as well.

That is true, he hiked the prices a bit and also depends on size. My Robocop was most expensive at $45 but that’s cause of the added 3D effect.
I know I'll probably have to go and throw some more money Stoney's way when I get my Inart Aragorn. I've been contemplating doing that for Batman. I don't really want to toss those figures on a generic crotch grabber. Just a ***** that you have to spend more because Inart aren't up for the task.

Yup! that's definitely the way to go! :duff

I have their 1/3 Reeve duo set on order as well as their single 1/3 Pfeiffer Catwoman. Will probably order their 1/3 Aragorn if it's good enough which should be showed off in November.

Anyway, back on topic - the Jaxon mouthplate looks like it should fix the issues many have with the headsculpt and the paint apps will more than likely be good enough as well.
I never even considered the paint apps...

Far as I can tell/remember, Unreal did a pretty decent job in that area. Unless I'm wrong lol

I know I'll probably have to go and throw some more money Stoney's way when I get my Inart Aragorn. I've been contemplating doing that for Batman. I don't really want to toss those figures on a generic crotch grabber. Just a ***** that you have to spend more because Inart aren't up for the task.

Yea man I hear ya, it’s a bit of a deep hole I’m in. If the figure doesn’t come with a diorama, it’s getting a custom base. There’s not ONE stock base I ever seen and said, “yea, this is a nice base.”

Bias, probably.

I think the InArt Cavill base looks pure class.

Then again, it's slab of rock lol
At least that one comes with a pole.

I don't mind it. But, the green on the base throws me off a little.

I'm just very particular when it comes to bases. Even with the layout on the nameplates and such. Here's one I had commissioned for a Walter White custom.

1710232088157-03.jpeg

Cro is also good for such type of work.

At least that one comes with a pole.

I don't mind it. But, the green on the base throws me off.

I'm just very particular when it comes to bases. Even with the layout on the nameplates and such. Here's one I had commissioned for a Walter White custom.

View attachment 723626

Cro is also good option for such type of work.
Hmm. That's very different. I dig it.

Simple, yet catchy.

That’s a dope name plate. But I say no to them personally, gives it a cleaner look.
Yeah, it's a valid point. On one hand, it seems redundant to have a plate that says BATMAN next to a batman figure. Maybe it's best to do without one entirely.

On the other hand, there's a museum like touch it can add to a figure, particularly for something unique, or a lesser known character.

All a matter of preference. I don't go for uniformity myself, unless a display demands it.

I like my stands pointlessly telling me who's standing on them tho...

How else would I know who dafuq they are?

IT'S A VALID QUESTION

Back