Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but was the suit really that rough in the movie? I feel like the noisy texture on the body is too exaggerated, or at the very least too large.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but was the suit really that rough in the movie? I feel like the noisy texture on the body is too exaggerated, or at the very least too large.
Yeah think too the suit is too textured.
It’s less rough and more sleek IMO.
IMG_2346.jpeg

Still don’t understand why they pronounced so much the lines under the eye’s holes…
IMG_5290.jpeg

It definitely has more texture to it. At 1/6 scale it often is used to help the texture appear visible by making it slightly more intense. The original had texture but less pronounced.
armm7Ay_460s.jpg

The showroom piece is also being blasted out with harsh lighting, which makes the texture really have contrast. It should look more natural in a normal display, like the promos.
batman-dc-comics-gallery-63ebc8c98c664.jpg

There’s definitely some inaccuracies. The belt not being more gold and the belt canisters being so large bugs me the most.

It’s still a good-looking figure, but there’s some curious choices made here.

Last edited:
I believe the material used for the suit was also rapidly degrading, Which could give this aspect, but but a little too exaggerated by Hot Toys.

869c2735fbfa2be2542e11a2642ad91f.jpg

a1fb5efaeff10e875f75ca056acedfb8.jpg
990fba437a5051c20b896bb2cee683de.jpg

That's just the weirdest smile to lock into a face plate. A fleeting moment in the film that breaks Bats usual gloomy demeanor, now frozen in an attitude that doesn't really suit the Batman.
Exactly that.
IMG_5294.jpeg

The fact is that you have to know very well the movie to read Keaton in this sculpt.

For non trained eyes, the smirk faceplate of DX09 was immediately recognizable IMO.
IMG_5293.jpeg

IMG_5295.jpeg

Ok…
For my taste, suit and cowl are way too textured. Like if they wanted to do a melted battle damaged effect.

These are the two shots where the sculpt works.
IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5307.jpeg

Out of that, I don’t really see Keaton IMO…
It’s a solid figure and a great release but looks like more a generic Batman 89 figure which looks like Keaton where DX09 was 100% Keaton in the suit.
For the moment, DX09 still gets my preference.

The 1st of these two last works very well.

Contrary to this one where it could be Keaton…or Carl Newman… or Dave Lea… we don’t know…
IMG_5308.jpeg

The 1st « in hands » pics should give us answers.

Back