Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
453434232_517449930638969_8147707644285996497_n.jpg

I have the previous release and still ordered this one, deluxe:

What I see so far...

Pros:
This figure needed a re-release.
The cowl sculpt is improved.
Ratchet ankles and knees are very needed.
Improved cape.
Gliding with open cape pose is possible!
Deluxe base is great.

Cons:
Mouth plates look realistic, but lost some Keaton somehow.
Cowl and suit roughness has not improved. I hope they are as dark as before.
Belt buckles are still too big.
Cape will still need an upgrade probably.

Should be a good release, not great, but it will feel great for those that do not own the previous one.

Yeah. DX09 is maybe outdated, gets flaws and maybe clumsy on certain aspects but this new one, even being more refined, modern and globally better lost a little of what made all the charm of the previous.

As someone who never had a DX09 this looks great. However, I don’t see any huge reason to upgrade if you already own the previous release.

I in general hate blogger pics because they rarely show how the figure looks in the real world on my shelf so I can’t wait to get this in hand. That being said these two shots do look really nice.
My main reason for wanting this is the new body. I want to be able to do some action poses including the two poses below.

IMG_2688.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

I personally have no problem with him. Some pics I do unfortunately lose Keaton but think he’s 80% there. Suit for sure has a lot of texture but I’m cool with it. Not sure why the standard box is so much nicer than the deluxe.

Overall, I’m still stoked to finally have a 1/6 scale ‘89 Batman in the collection.

What does it say about me that the part I want the most is the base?:lol I need InArt to hurry their asses up and show an improved Reeve Supes already so we can check that box and move onto Keaton. Ratchet joints or no, I’m tremendously disappointed in the suit, and honestly, I think the bloody grinning face is the best of the three and only two of them are usable.

Like, I hate how easily placated we are with bare bones nostalgia releases while they focus so much of their energy on other things. We got yet another one piece suit and I don’t want to focus so much on the construction of such a thing as the utility of it. Because I look at the interchangeable chest pieces on Battinson or even the upcoming Wolverine and I see zero reason why this couldn’t have been a figure with both normal and battle damaged parts. An alternate cowl with the scrapes and burns and the scorched Batsymbol…

This release is…a wash. It does some things better than the DX 09 and some things worse and, ultimately, when you boil it down, outside of a new sculpt and a new base that’s only offered on the deluxe, it’s the same damn figure being offered a decade later at a higher price.

Back