Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks beautiful, and I love that it seems to do more than a museum pose this time, but am I crazy or did the likeness take a big hit since DX09?

I’m usually pretty forgiving with the capes HT puts out, but man do I actively loathe this one. Just looks like fabric instead of any sort of leathery finish.

Does anybody know if you have to pay import tax (within the EU) when ordering from TBA?
I never have, even before Brexit.

Also surely this is a pricing error on TBA, only $6 extra for deluxe?

1722434128507.png

I wanted to see a side-by-side with the new release and some old photos of my DX09. Obviously the lighting/camerawork is much better in the blogger photos, but what do we think?

batman89comparison01.jpg

batman89comparison02.jpg

No need to debate. The new pics are much better in terms of light, details, realism, no contest.
But still can’t read 100% Keaton where it’s so much obvious with the old one even with poor light and outdated paint app IMO.
Take your phone and look at the pics with distance. One is clearly Keaton, the other one is less…

Last edited:
I'm planning to get the Deluxe Version, are there any common problems that i need to be aware of with this suit? I think DX09 did hold up pretty well and even though it uses a rubber body i've never heard of it cracking.

Last edited:
I'm planning to get the Deluxe Version, are there any common problems that i need to be aware of with this suit? I think DX09 had that tacky feeling problem but was it prone to cracking like other rubber Hot Toys figures?
My DX09 has never cracked or become tacky, and I've never treated the suit with any products, other than wiping it down with a damp cloth every few years. I guess a big part of it depends on climate?

I think there are Subtle changes hopefully the materials are better, but here is the original, which still looks very good, but I am happy to have an upgrade I’m gonna get Jazz one too to sit in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Looks just like the proto to me.

I wanted to see a side-by-side with the new release and some old photos of my DX09. Obviously the lighting/camerawork is much better in the blogger photos, but what do we think?

View attachment 717053
View attachment 717054

Some of the best things about the new one are how the mouth plates actually sit inside the cowl rather than having the top edge poke out as seen in the DX09 as well as the better eyes.

View attachment 717053
View attachment 717054
My personal opinion is neither are 100% there but both are still pretty good. Keaton’s mouth and expressions themselves looked different depending on lighting, costume fit, and suits used.
latest

l-intro-1689810476.jpg

06612023-7440-4aed-9720-af769b0e6a0a-getty-622342572.jpg

I would be happy with that DX09. I will be happy with the new one. I do wish he had a straight up neutral mouth plate. All of them have a slight smirk to them which I find curious.

525585-IMG-5309.jpeg

Sorry if this has been asked before, but was the suit really that rough in the movie? I feel like the noisy texture on the body is too exaggerated, or at the very least too large.
Yeah think too the suit is too textured.
Yeah the stony texture is kind of throwing me,
While the suit had texture, I feel while choosing a material, they tried to match the full scale texture (where it's defused over a wider area) , and not what it should look like reduced (where it's now overdone/enhanced over a smaller area).

Or in simpler terms - it should have less of a that frikin stony texture. :lol

Last edited:
I see plenty of Keaton in both.

Probably not worth getting if you have the DX09 but for those of us that missed that this will do just fine.

Would love to see InArt make a definitive version but this is miles better than any of HT attempts at Bale in my opinion.

Back