Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In memory of the guy on FB, here's:

Real............................................................................................................DX09..............................................................................................................2.0

real v DX v 2.0 COMP 8-1-24.jpg

Really don't give any ***** about the texture of the suit. You're not going to to see it in real world conditions sitting on the shelf.

I'm more concerned with the lack of face plates. Yes, lack of. Because they're useless for my purposes.

They're all trash besides the neutral plate, which is as inaccurate as the DXO9 was. So those are going on Ebay with the quickness.

Doubt they'll be sold...

I see a artists failed attempt in both the DX09 and 2.0 of Keaton. Yes, there is a likeness present in both. No, neither of them are even close to being accurate.

I'm sure this figure will satisfy me but I'm under no illusions that this or it's previous version are definitive for this version of Bats.

It is so wild to me that The Flash, while fun, was such a disposable movie and yet, that Keaton Bats runs circles around this one. I adore the base for this thing and I really like the cowl and the eyes, but Jesus. When part of the head and the diorama base are the best you’ve got to offer on such an iconic character, you really gotta reevaluate your priorities, Howard.

If I was Joost, I would focus all my energy on making a figure with faceplates compatible with this one and a bodysuit that accurately captured what we saw on the movie and offer it up at an affordable price as a glorified mod kit that also works as a base figure.

The Flash figure had a head start as they had better resources as it was current and probably was started with a 3D scan/file of the suit.

This one there are restored suits they are not 100% accurate to the finish and look of how the materials were on set in 1988.

Having said that the texture of the suit on this release is inexcusable. The cowl and its handmade look on the other hand to me is excellent so again why was that not applied to how the suit was finished?

Last edited:
Besides the texture of the suit best thing is probably the articulation on the new one. Hopefully he can stay in a pose better and there isn't some oil that will leak with time like the OG one did from what I remember. This has me excited to finally have a Keaton Batman at least. One thing I was thinking but could be very risky is to sand the suit with like 1000 grit or 5000 grit sandpaper then just repaint with black rubber paint and seal.

Great thing to me about any 89 Bat's figure is that I'd never, ever put him in any type of dynamic pose because I love the look of him just standing there, cape covering his arms.

Just menacingly standing there.

I'll still never understand the decision to go with the one solid pice of shaped rubber for the suit. It was ******* unforgivable back then and it still is here.

Bonkers how wrong the texture is on this. Considering they packaged it with a cathedral diorama, they really should have just gone all the way and made it a battle-damaged figure. Given the ridiculous texture, I'll certainly be displaying it with the bloody faceplate in the hopes that the pebbled body will pass as battle damage.

Back