Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DX09 is a HOF figure - something I don't think the 2.0 will ever be even with its qualities over the 09. The times have changed and we think differently now. When the hobby was young this stuff seemed to be on another level compared to what else was out there at the time. As much as I despise HT sometimes I am not blind to the greatness they have inspired and deserve massive respect to have gotten us to where we are in 1/6 figure realism.

Saying that, none of this stuff really excites me anymore. I guess I'm burnt out.

I think it's a fair call to say it's not beating the DXO9. All things considered. But that's on cowl/faceplates

This has ratcheted joints. Not that I'd ever use them.. eh

I decided I don't need this far before release, so I'm just in the audience enjoying the chaos of this all.

I may fold on the 92 version, if we start to get some competent villain figures to go with him.

I don’t think it’s trash at all, but there’s some regrettable errors and given how far they’ve come - it’s unfortunate they would release something that wouldn’t be obviously superior in every way to a twelve year old release.
This should have been a home run, instead I still think it's an overall improvement until in-hand inspection confirms or denies this premise.

At least it's not a Toby Spider-Man situation. *That* was a disappointment.

DX09 sweats so much more Keaton on these pics IMO.
Don’t like the glossy cowl that doesn’t match the « stony » suit finish of the 2.0.
The belt seems too yellow without the gold accents of the previous one.
The only big upgrade for me is the Bat emblem. Much more accurate.
DX still gets my preference for the moment. I’ll see in hands.
I’m from the same opinion, I don’t understand what Hot toys wanted to do with these changes.

If you could get the DX09 mouthplates to work with the new cowl I think you’d have a winning combination.

1FD92775-A094-44E6-92FC-976B187B1B26.jpeg

567D1338-A1EB-48BC-BB88-0244D0F50386.jpeg

0D2A6648-DD11-4966-A424-E0AB5807466B.png

Still can’t really read Keaton in this new sculpt…
The base is awesome. Can’t wait to put my BD on!

The forehead of the cowl is also more accurate on DX IMO. Too round and not as sharp as the previous.

IMG_5320.png

IMG_5321.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to criticize the new one. I have no interest to do that, I’ve got him on PO…😅
It’s always a matter of taste and feeling.
Still think it’s a solid figure but even after more than a decade, DX still looks like Keaton in the suit where the new one looks like someone who looks like Keaton.
Huge difference…

Last edited:
DX09 sweats so much more Keaton on these pics IMO.
Same for me. The mouthplates on the DX09 are spot on, unmistakable Keaton and the suit has the less textured look. I’ll still be picking up the new one for posing but I have a feeling DX09 will continue to be my iconic look.

I think the new one is gonna look great with the cape spread in a dropping from the rafters pose.

Back