Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wish to start any arguments but genuinely surprised people don't see Keaton in the sculpt.

The overdone texture probably won't bother me when viewing it on the shelf from a couple of metres back. Doesn't excuse them getting that wrong but I can live with it.
Same here, it may have a few flaws, despite this, when have we ever used all of the mouth plates from HT. At least two are fine, I can live with that, the suit texture is the only downgrade here. Better body, better proportions, mouth plates sit flush, accurate bat symbol, better base, no back pers hatch, far more detailed eyes, blood looks like blood. To the point that skipping the upgrade seems to be a disservice.

Look at these pics -

IMG_2980.jpeg

DX09 looks like a child in Keaton cosplay here and JazzInc looks like a Domino’s pizza delivery driver. :huh

View attachment 717668

DX09 looks like a child in Keaton cosplay here and JazzInc looks like a Domino’s pizza delivery driver. :huh

Love that comp. DX09 is absolutely the worst picture someone could use. One eye crossed, hatch not seated, faceplate not seated so cheek-lines show. It's absolutely perfect at doing what its supposed to do -- make the DX09 look like ****.

And then to make it better, the 2.0 picture includes a Jaxon cape. Nice.

Love that comp. DX09 is absolutely the worst picture someone could use. One eye crossed, hatch not seated, faceplate not seated so cheek-lines show. It's absolutely perfect at doing what its supposed to do -- make the DX09 look like ****.

I believe that comparison between the JazzInc & DX09 was done by JazzInc, someone correct me if I’m wrong. 90% have the Jaxon Xu cape ready to go almost a year in advance so it’s only fitting we see that for the majority. I’ll never use a stock Batman cape for as long as I live.

Yeah wondering how good the cape can be futz to have a natural drape look, most of the pics it looks like no one has really tried hard. Cape looks great when positioned to have the flowing movement look though.

View attachment 717663

View attachment 717665

stock
View attachment 717666

jaxon
View attachment 717667
Still needs a custom cape. Not sure why they thought a velvet-like fabric texture for the cape was the right idea. Needs that smooth leather finish.

1*wRajOgbYlDDViTs5vxSy6A.jpeg

0b795b846b1bf9514aea9c19dcddcd96.jpg

I believe that comparison between the JazzInc & DX09 was done by JazzInc, someone correct me if I’m wrong. 90% have the Jaxon Xu cape ready to go almost a year in advance so it’s only fitting we see that for the majority. I’ll never use a stock Batman cape for as long as I live.

Doesn't matter what 'others' are doing to enhance their figure when we're discussing the figure out of the box. But posting photos of the figure with a new cape and not fessing up that its a replacement is just not right.

Doesn't matter what 'others' are doing to enhance their figure when we're discussing the figure out of the box. But posting photos of the figure with a new cape and not fessing up that its a replacement is just not right.
We all have eyes here, the entirety of that photo was posted well before I posted the comparison, it was always clear that cape wasn’t stock because not a soul complimented HT for their efforts.

The cape wasn’t mentioned by me, because it’s not what the comparison was focused on. Solely the headsculpt with chest logo, thought that kind of read itself.

Well i like this! DX09 holds a very special place in my heart and means a lot to me but so does 89 Batman as a whole, so I'm happy i pre ordered this. It's not perfect, it does have It's issues particularly the stony texture but also the likeness being lost in some pics. I will say though lighting makes a huge difference as we all know and it looks spot on in some photos so I'll wait to see some more in hand pics. I love the bloody smile, it just screams "i know you did" as he holds the Joker in the cathedral. Cool to have that as a face plate. The bucked tooth one...not so much.

Yeah, especially when there is a photo that someone who has both in hand for comparison.
526089-IMG-5596.jpeg

Get the new one if you like as it isn't as 10+ year old that is showing its age in the joints and whatnot. New figure has its benefits, but the fact that it isn't the homerun improvement it easily should have been in most collector's eyes(mine included) is wholly disappointing. I'm sure we'll get more and more comparison photos, but for now this one is the most telling for me. Same collector, same lighting, both with custom cape. DX09 takes it for me personally. Again, this comparison shouldn't be as divisive as it is considering the new one should be leaps and bounds better. At the end of the day neither are perfect because they are both one piece Rubber Suit Man!

I like the new cowl alot, and the Bat logo. But I don't see the faceplates as much improvement. I rather like the standard DX09 faceplate everyone defaults to.

I don't like the body. I'd like to get a better look at the cape that comes with the 2.0

I would consider getting the 2.0 head and putting it on the DX09 body. Apparently replacing the cape is a must.

The cape in the film looked different in scenes, dunno if they actually used different capes of different materials or lighting just made it seem that way. Sometimes it looked more fabric, sometimes clearly leather, other times like a parachute material. The 2.0 cape looks like they did what Jaxon did, some fabric material that tried to simulate a slight sheen look of leather.

hot toys batman 1989 real cape vlcsnap-2024-07-31-18h28m11s022.jpg
hot toys batman 1989 2.0 453650536_2824528874369843_1680541254881499513_n.jpg

hot toys batman 1989 real cape vlcsnap-2024-07-31-10h52m33s378.jpg

The cape in the film looked different in scenes, dunno if they actually used different capes of different materials or lighting just made it seem that way. Sometimes it looked more fabric, sometimes clearly leather, other times like a parachute material.....
Jump to abt 2:55

Last edited:
Back