Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only reason I’m considering cancelling mine is due to hoping for more Burton Batman in 1/3 from JND. This could be a nice place holder I guess though

How difficult would it be to replace the body inside DX09?

I'm torn between just keeping DX09 and making some updates, or picking up 2.0, and somehow bashing them both into one ultimate 89 Bats.
Not too difficult, but would just require patience. The body suit is in two parts that are glued together at the waist. Just have to carefully pry them apart without tearing the rubber on both. Getting the “pants” off will be easy but I imagine getting the top off will require a bit more finesse. Do that to both, swap the bodies, and then glue the two halves back together with some glue made for rubber and you’re done.

Wow that battle damaged mouth plate.
I think the likeness is really good here.
Does anyone still favor the DX09 after that video? Those might be the best eyes I’ve seen on a production piece from HT.

Last edited:
Does anyone still favor the DX09 after that video?
Pick Me Whats Up GIF by Film Riot

The sculpt will be too big for the DX09 body sadly. Would be nice if instead of Joost worrying about likeness for Keaton, just give us a 1:6 wetsuit with the 89 padding placed throughout to make up for HT bad attempt at it, I’d buy that for $80.

I just can’t get behind the DX09 sculpt by todays standards, same for the 1.0 of Returns, I need detail.

IMG_3016.jpeg

Wow that battle damaged mouth plate.
I think the likeness is really good here.
Does anyone still favor the DX09 after that video? Those might be the best eyes I’ve seen on a production piece from HT.
They’ve really upped their game with the eyes. I just got Clone Wars Kenobi recently and they’re currently the best production eyes I’ve seen in-hand from HT.

Back