Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need physical representations from Batman, but I still enjoy seeing others approach. Reading threads of figures I’d never own, or seeing something I forgot released in a collection pic is nice and keeps me from having a wandering eye picking up things I shouldn’t.

This 2.0 89 Batman (deluxe) is going to be my first sixth scale piece in my new collection. I had a decent collection previously but had to sell it through a difficult divorce. Now I get to start anew with collecting 😁. Can’t wait to add this one (incorrect suit texture won’t bother me from my viewing distance once displayed) since it’s my childhood & favorite Batman. Also have the deluxe Obi Wan Vader on order too 👍

To be honest, I think Mezco nailed Keaton's likeness (mouth plate) better than anyone so far. Even DX09. Of course the rest of that Mezco figure is pure trash but, yeah.

This is the likeness I wanted in 1/6 scale.

1000013393.jpg

I hate to waste anything but it gets tiring holding on to outdated figures and frankly aren’t worth the storage space required. I’m trying to steer in the direction of less figures but more definitive versions from piecing together bits from multiple releases, multiple custom runs. I don’t know how some of you guys keep up with these extensive lines or one offs. My brain will only let me collect with a never changing plan, I can’t get into a Marvel or Disney phase enough to begin seriously collecting from those ips. I’ve noticed, only Batman for me, canceled the black suit Tobey last night, currently only have four Sideshow po, all Batman.
I'm kinda in the same situation but it's where i can be ok with keeping my older variants though because i have so little figures to begin with. The vast majority of figures do not interest me. I'm not interested in a DK display, only Heath and Bale. Not interested in a Spider-Man display, only Tobey and Goblin. You get the idea. I only have a few licences i really care about and within that an even smaller amount of characters from that licence that i really care for.

I'm kinda in the same situation but it's where i can be ok with keeping my older variants though because i have so little figures to begin with. The vast majority of figures do not interest me. I'm not interested in a DK display, only Heath and Bale. Not interested in a Spider-Man display, only Tobey and Goblin. You get the idea. I only have a few licences i really care about and within that an even smaller amount of characters from that licence that i really care for.
Definitely see where you’re coming from. For me, it depends on the IP. With Star Wars Prequels, I’m down to get even the most obscure characters (if ever made). With The Batman (2022), I only want Batman and Catwoman with no need for Riddler, Penguin and Falcone despite most wanting them too.

Whenever people say they collect “lines”, I can’t relate since I don’t need everything within an IP. That’s just ridiculous and unsustainable imo. It makes sense to me when I see people sell their entire collection and I think it’s due to them just getting everything which I’ve always been skeptical of, if they even “like” every figure they’re getting enough.

So what would ya say the eta is of getting this one in hand from sideshow? Sometime mid Sept?

I’m leaning towards mid Sep - Oct for this. Always give Sideshow a month past what they say.

I’m right along with you man, I’ve got less than 20 figures total in my plans. Thankfully I have about 8 that I know of coming. I’ll be assembling Moducases with about 7 figures and 2 vehicles to go in them currently until the others arrive, I’m sure it will appear strange at first due to most filling them to their brim, I want it neat.

Really love the diorama even if it would have made more sense for a battle damaged version.

I'm surprised how okay the cape seems in the few reviews so far. Not ruling out needing a custom drape cape eventually but the stock isn't a pile a crap and by HT standards that's progress!

I’m gonna say January 2025 for this to be in our hands. We don’t even have hono wolverines in our possessions yet.

I’m gonna say January 2025 for this to be in our hands. We don’t even have hono wolverines in our possessions yet.
Average time from overseas release to Sideshow getting their inventory is 1–2 months. It's only been a month (end of June) for Hono Wolverine.
Sideshow will most like get Bats in mid-September.

How would we go about making a stink about the texture? I pre-ordered this the moment I was able to (with the diorama), and... Man, it is a let-down.

Back