Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would we go about making a stink about the texture? I pre-ordered this the moment I was able to (with the diorama), and... Man, it is a let-down.

Pretty sure HT have already heard about it from all the comments on their Facebook blogger photo release.

Pretty sure HT have already heard about it from all the comments on their Facebook blogger photo release.
Yeah that’s pretty much the only way, everyone who’s beginning to get this in hand needs to complain before it releases globally. If it isn’t loud and by the majority it’s dead in the water.

Video review of the standard version if anyone’s interested. Dude needs to clean the vaseline off his Barbara Walters camera lens and get a microphone.

I’m not sure I was aware the standard base lit up. Nifty.

I’m not sure I was aware the standard base lit up. Nifty.
Yea, I though it wouldn't light up since other recent releases that had the old DX style base sill had the light compartments, but didn't actually have LEDs installed with the battery hatch and switch locations sealed up. I like the logo change from the original DX08/09 bases

Still undecided on if I'm gonna keep my pre order it's hard to look past the suit issue.

Also it says it's "single eye system" anyone know if it's separate or 1 stick? Eyes seem harder to access so If single stick then we're screwed if it breaks.

Still undecided on if I'm gonna keep my pre order it's hard to look past the suit issue.

Also it says it's "single eye system" anyone know if it's separate or 1 stick? Eyes seem harder to access so If single stick then we're screwed if it breaks.
They’re individual eyes like all other recent releases. The old PERS system that was operated by a single stick is long gone for HT releases

From Ryan Carroll FB

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 454426782_10100939287711865_6412085784449265330_n.jpg

Something that's consistently happening when posing the legs bent and raised like the photo above, is that the rubber crumples around the crotch and the knee pad visibly rides up above the joint - I wonder if it's going to be possible to futz it so that this doesn't happen?

Something that's consistently happening when posing the legs bent and raised like the photo above, is that the rubber crumples around the crotch and the knee pad visibly rides up above the joint - I wonder if it's going to be possible to futz it so that this doesn't happen?
That's going to be a common issue when posing a figure with a single piece, thick rubber suit.

Last edited:
Looks better than the DX9, except for the overly textured suit. Hot Toys has a thing for that, Preds bios are another.

But I think I will just wait until someone does the suit justice and does the actual sectioned rubber pieces, not a whole rubber suit. And no overly textured suit

Looks great to me. I know some don’t like the suit texture but to me I don’t really mind.
Yeah i don't really care lol. It's a bit rough but man does that face look SO GOOD from some angles

Edit: the suit itself in the film isn't a rubber one piece anyway so the suit texture doesn't bother me that much because the biggest inaccuracy isn't the rough texture. Like obviously anyone who does care and really doesn't like those things ofc is entitled to and i have things like that for other figures, but i just think the face and cowl are so good i can look past some of the issues. Cape's not too bad this time either. And that diorama base...incredible.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the picture, but I don’t really recognize Keaton.
You are not alone. It is better in some ways to the DX9, but the likeness is a little weird. I think it has to do with the proprtions. The Mezco one I think is better and you don't really have to be looking for it.

The dx09 does that and the BR version ..no way around it because of the rubber suit

Back