Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite having this on pre order i can't bring myself to sell the DX09. I can't bring myself to sell anything tbh lol. Maybe I'll do something with it.

I have this same problem.

Is that the road to "hoarder"...?
I hope not lol.
By the time you realize that you don't wanna sell anything, you've probably been a hoarder for a while already lol
Well there you go. Maybe i am a hoarder, but if i don't have that much stuff then i don't think i am a hoarder just yet. I only have like 14 figures in my entire collection lol. But i do think i have some hoarding tendencies starting to pop up, i keep a lot of useless things.

Letting go is hard.
Especially when it's the DX09 and the DX08 (if that ever got reissued) it was a pain to get those and for some other reasons, they mean a lot more to me than just a figure so I'd never sell them. I get the 2.0 improving things but it's my attachment to that specific item removed from all context of collecting.

That was the most hoarder thing i could have said lmao

I think when you pull stuff off of display because you’re no longer feeling it is when you should throw it out, sell it, put it in a goodwill bin, etc. I’ll be damned if I hold on to every Bale TDK suit that gets made.

But sometimes you just get tired of some stuff. It's not hip any more, or you just get out of the mood. Then, a few years later, something reinvigorates your interest. Terminator and Alien is like this for me. I had a shelf for each, needed space and something had to go, so I rotated both out of the display. Now, a couple years later, I'm kind of in the mood again... and have grown tired of my Guardians and Game of Thrones display. I also did this with my LOTR display, and am just now brining it back with InArt's Gandalf and Aragorn.

Also applies to just massive collections where you can't put everything out -- like Star Wars in particular. Some stuff just has to be rotated in and out of the display.

I would hate to thrown something out, sell it off, just to regret it later. I read a lot of "regrets' on this forum.

I hate to waste anything but it gets tiring holding on to outdated figures and frankly aren’t worth the storage space required. I’m trying to steer in the direction of less figures but more definitive versions from piecing together bits from multiple releases, multiple custom runs. I don’t know how some of you guys keep up with these extensive lines or one offs. My brain will only let me collect with a never changing plan, I can’t get into a Marvel or Disney phase enough to begin seriously collecting from those ips. I’ve noticed, only Batman for me, canceled the black suit Tobey last night, currently only have four Sideshow po, all Batman.

I love diversity in the display, but I have a very rigid vision for how I’d like to go about it. I like too many IPs to only limit myself to Star Wars or Batman or whatever.

I hope to cover 20+ IPs with 50-60 figures when it’s all said and done.

That diorama base is awesome. I was on the fence about keeping my preorder for this but that made it a keeper. I actually am going to cancel my order with sideshow, because I only ordered the regular. My local comic shop still had the deluxe available so I bought it through them. I keep saying I’m cutting back, but hot toys keeps making must have figures. There are 20 preorders I’m interested in. 20! Also, some of those 20 require multiples. The year isn’t over yet. I need an intervention.

I love diversity in the display, but I have a very rigid vision for how I’d like to go about it. I like too many IPs to only limit myself to Star Wars or Batman or whatever.

We're in the EXACT same boat.

I have "The List" that I'm trying very hard to stick with (32 slots total). I made that list before I ever started collecting, and before many of these figures even were announced (or versions of them even existed on films or in 1/6 figure form). It included characters like Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Darth Revan, Sub-Zero, Gridman, etc. I'm being very selective about it too; if a figure doesn't hit all my marks, I try not to compromise.

Batman '89 was on the list from the start, so he's a shoo-in.

vlcsnap-2024-08-04-14h30m55s503.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-04-14h31m42s931.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-04-14h54m17s428.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-04-15h03m26s865.png

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 crop 2 Untitled-1.jpg

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 crop Untitled-1.jpg

Back