Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Burton Fainting GIF

Depending on the price of the Unreal cowl, this may not be an issue for anyone in the end.
I’m a huge fan of unreal’s products. I have many sculpts and capes. I can expect this to be not cheap, so heads up. But his work is worth in my opinion.

got my regular today,only had a Quick Look as I’v just opened up my deadpool.
But first impressions are good for the headsculpt, the body doesn’t immediately jump out as being to dimpled. Il compare to my dx 09 at the wkend but yeah, it’s a solid figure. Good if u ain’t got the dx 09 & still different to get even if you do. Got the deluxe coming from sideshow too so I can display one on it & another more museum pose View attachment IMG_5331.jpeg
IMG_5328.jpeg
View attachment IMG_5325.jpeg

got my regular today,only had a Quick Look as I’v just opened up my deadpool.
But first impressions are good for the headsculpt, the body doesn’t immediately jump out as being to dimpled. Il compare to my dx 09 at the wkend but yeah, it’s a solid figure. Good if u ain’t got the dx 09 & still different to get even if you do. Got the deluxe coming from sideshow too so I can display one on it & another more museum pose View attachment 718778View attachment 718779View attachment 718780
What's the regular base like? Don't think I've seen it before.

Mine is out for delivery as I type this. Been a while since I've done a good old-fashioned unboxing and geek-out.
Tell me about it, Iv had nothing for a good while & this & deadpool are out almost simultaneously.

Well ... I love it.

I've owned DX09 and Returns and while it's not perfect, I really feel like this beats both of them. Based on out-of-the-box, first impressions:

• The default face plate is obviously Keaton to my eyes.
  • The eyes are stunning.
  • The figure feels heavier and more substantial than its predecessors. This doesn't have anything to do with quality or accuracy necessarily but it's a nice-to-have for a premium feel.
  • The suit texture is overdone, but not much more so than DX09 was. Slightly sharper overall but not pitted or anything. Not very noticeable at regular viewing distance.
  • I no longer own DX09 but besides sculpt differences I think this one may be taller? And I can't remember DX09's boots being as glossy.
  • The cape is a microfiber that carries a fine-grained 'leather' texture. Perhaps not as obvious as the costume and the finish doesn't match the suit the same way the costume's did (going by memory here). But it's pretty easy to work with and unless you absolutely want to trick it out, you could get away without a drape cape. This is much lighter weight than the original.
I will reiterate that I understand it isn't perfect and there are missed opportunities here, but nonetheless I love it and feel it's an overall upgrade in spite of any flaws.

Haven't had time to do much with it yet. I was messing with the eyeballs and now he's cockeyed. :lol

There's some lens distortion from my now venerable tradition of Bad iPhone Snapshots:

IMG_5589.png

IMG_5591.png

IMG_5593.png

From profile, if you forget the pers panel, the downgrade in terms of likeness is really visible.
View attachment 718711
2.0 - DX09View attachment 718712

I think the problem comes from the lips not being pronounced enough, the eyes holes not being open enough and the less pronounced bump on the head which softens the eyebrows too much.

The eyes seem also too bright blue. The Keaton eyes color scheme is more complex. They’ve got also green tints. If with the pure white light of Returns they often appear blue:
View attachment 718717

In 89, they appear more green.
The DX09 nailed that more IMO…
View attachment 718713
View attachment 718714
View attachment 718715

Good analysis.

Back