Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched Dean Knights review on this.
I don't see how any fan of the movie would buy this. The original looks better, just save your money and track down the old DX, get a custom cape, and you're set.

I mean to be mean when I say this, but anyone who likes this must be blind. Outfit is trash, cape is trash, faceplates don't look like Keaton, the only reason to get this is the deluxe base which I like. This is as bad as the Batman begins re-re-re-re-whatever reissue that came out a year or 2 ago. But if you like this figure then I guess you hate the film and/or don't really care for accuracy 🤷

I don't see how any fan of the movie would buy this. The original looks better, just save your money and track down the old DX, get a custom cape, and you're set.

I mean to be mean when I say this, but anyone who likes this must be blind. Outfit is trash, cape is trash, faceplates don't look like Keaton, the only reason to get this is the deluxe base which I like. This is as bad as the Batman begins re-re-re-re-whatever reissue that came out a year or 2 ago. But if you like this figure then I guess you hate the film and/or don't really care for accuracy 🤷

Scooby, are you good?

I don't see how any fan of the movie would buy this.
It's so crazy, right? Yet here I am. And there are like ... DOZENS more like me. :lol
The original looks better, just save your money and track down the old DX, get a custom cape, and you're set.
The original is still a good figure and I can absolutely see how someone would prefer it.
I mean to be mean when I say this, but anyone who likes this must be blind.
Preeetty sure I'm not.
Outfit is trash,
It's not great, not terrible. Normal viewing distance the texture disappears. I can understand it may be off-putting when you're sensually caressing your dolls, but you do you, cousin.
cape is trash,
It's actually better than some HT capes by a significant margin, and easier to manage than the crumpled mess that came with the DX09.

That said, I have two different custom capes on order, because there's room for improvement.
faceplates don't look like Keaton,
They look enough like Keaton for me and some of the other blind-ass collectors that bought him. But it's nice that there are options out there for a 35-year old film.
But if you like this figure then I guess you hate the film and/or don't really care for accuracy 🤷
Feel better now that's off your chest? You sure told me, I'll go home and re-think my life choices.

I'm being snarky because I think you're over-reacting. You can think it's trash all day long and that's your prerogative, but it's hilarious that you're projecting hyperbolic judgements on people who like it.

I would have to disagree. Dean's review is largely fair but it's still a long way from the Begins debacle.

Mouth plates on the DX09 are better for sure but I find the upper part of the cowl pretty hideous to be honest.

Texture on the suit is unforgivable, can't argue with that. With a custom drape cape it will be covered enough that it's barely visible from regular viewing distance. Again, not defending HT here.

With a Jaxon cape and mouth plate I'll be very happy to display this for a couple of years until something better comes along.

It's so crazy, right? Yet here I am. And there are like ... DOZENS more like me. :lol

The original is still a good figure and I can absolutely see how someone would prefer it.

Preeetty sure I'm not.

It's not great, not terrible. Normal viewing distance the texture disappears. I can understand it may be off-putting when you're sensually caressing your dolls, but you do you, cousin.

It's actually better than some HT capes by a significant margin, and easier to manage than the crumpled mess that came with the DX09.

That said, I have two different custom capes on order, because there's room for improvement.

They look enough like Keaton for me and some of the other blind-ass collectors that bought him. But it's nice that there are options out there for a 35-year old film.

Feel better now that's off your chest? You sure told me, I'll go home and re-think my life choices.

I'm being snarky because I think you're over-reacting. You can think it's trash all day long and that's your prerogative, but it's hilarious that you're projecting hyperbolic judgements on people who like it.
ImpossibleHandyFugu-max-1mb.gif

Anyone think sanding/buffing the texture out of the 2.0 body would be possible?
I wouldn't sand rubber. I was thinking possibly giving the armor bits thin coats of black acrylic or eva foam paint to hopefully smooth it out a little more. I'm betting once I get this in my case and look at it from a normal viewing distance that I won't care that much.

Sir, I'm calling you a wambulace, stat!

Save money???

"Get the old DX"
"Buy a custom cape"

Bloody cry baby.

I just look at the shots and articulation in Dean's review and despite some of the comments, I saw several scenes and shots of the figure looking good in his video. It sounded like he even surprised himself with how good it looked in some shots, given he went into the review already hating the figure from the blogger pics if you read his facebook postings. The dimple texture is the worst part of the figure, but those are also heavily enhanced by people using a camera macro lens.

Dean also didn't even try with the cape, he claimed the wires were too weak to hold anything up but then someone asked him on FB if he wasn't able to do the cool dynamic cape poses we've seen in other pics. He said "he could have", but he just didn't like the way the cape looked anyway, so a bit low effort there and misinformation. If you wanted a true natural drape, a wireless cape was always going to be needed. As a wired cape, it looks great. It's missing some shinier leather sheen, but at least we won't have to worry about it flaking in a couple years.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 vlcsnap-2024-08-30-12h46m31s949.jpg

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 453344205_895345682629445_3751280262814779260_n.jpg

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 453767064_886010116897292_2889747722961701518_n.png

Also the dx09 cowl is the completely wrong shape which Dean even mentioned on top of the massive removeable plate in the back of the head. And I personally don't see how it has better likeness with the cartoonish caricature mouth plate. They all look like Keaton at certain angles, and much less like Keaton at other angles. The 2.0 is at least salvageable with the correct cowl modeling and we'll see how close custom face plates get.

hot toys batman 1989 dx09 vs 2.0 mouth 3.jpg

As a lifelong 89 fan I appreciate your feedback on this subject. I am keeping my pre order for this one though, just going to add spite as another reason why I am not cancelling it 😀

I wouldn't sand rubber. I was thinking possibly giving the armor bits thin coats of black acrylic or eva foam paint to hopefully smooth it out a little more. I'm betting once I get this in my case and look at it from a normal viewing distance that I won't care that much.

If you end up going that route I’d love to see pictures. That sounds interesting.

it’s undoubtedly Keaton, no problem but I still see more Returns vibes than 89 IMO.
Don’t know if it’s the cowl or mouth…:unsure:
Maybe the cowl lacks of thickness, it’s too sharp.

Back