1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will look THAT bad in hand, thats why it was so hard to cancel my PO, but .. his weird expression started to creep me out so I had to cancel it :lol

I hope the people that really want it can get it though!

Imagine waking up next to that face staring right at you.

Chloe-Freak-Out-2.gif

... thats why I cancelled mine :lol

Last edited:
People on the waitlist are probably happy right now, lol

I just wonder if it turns out to be like Rescue Cap, where the photo review pictures don't do the head sculpt justice and it actually looks just fine in hand.

Rescue cap got a massive amount of hate when it 1st came out and now most think it's the best cap so far. I never trust photos to make a judgement anymore.

The negative heat Rescue Cap received was similar: average sculpt but superior costume....I picked one up on the board for $200 shipped not too long ago. The price varies but it really hasn't retained its value for the most part.

Um, what? That thing rotted on shelves forever.

True, because everyone thought the HS sucked, myself included. I canceled my order for it when it originally came out and regretted it when people actually started getting them in hand and mostly had nothing but good things to say. I finally picked one up a couple months ago and love it. It looks great in hand but i have never seen a picture of the HS that i liked.

I don't think it will look THAT bad in hand, thats why it was so hard to cancel my PO, but .. his weird expression started to creep me out so I had to cancel it :lol

I hope the people that really want it can get it though!

Chloe-Freak-Out-2.gif

... thats why I cancelled mine :lol

Whoa whoa, holy! Who is that?? Looks very familiar, that's not Chloe Moretz is it?

Idk. Every figure that looked like crap in pictures still looks like crap "in hand". Don't really get that reasoning.

When I ordered the DX12, every picture if the cowl looked like ****. Guess how it looked "in hand"..... Like ****.

Never again.

Rescue is a nice fig but 'best Cap' is a stretch. TFA and Avenger usually got that nod but it's all moot with the new sculpts coming.

I have the DX12, and I love it

Whoa whoa, holy! Who is that?? Looks very familiar, that's not Chloe Moretz is it?

tumblr_m42scu2MTk1rtqnlwo1_500.gif

Rescue is a nice fig but 'best Cap' is a stretch. TFA and Avenger usually got that nod but it's all moot with the new sculpts coming.

I never had the chance to buy TFA Cap, and now I have a good reason to do it... :lol Avengers cap is the only one I have for now. I wasn't a fan of it... but now I think it may be the best cap

Idk. Every figure that looked like crap in pictures still looks like crap "in hand". Don't really get that reasoning.

When I ordered the DX12, every picture if the cowl looked like ****. Guess how it looked "in hand"..... Like ****.

Never again.
I don't really have a problem with the dx12 myself. Move the eyes in the right spot and it looks fine

I have them all (minus the star spangled thing :lol). When I said best I am talking unmasked HS. The Avengers Unmasked HS is the worst IMO, I have tried and tried and tried to make it look good on TFA or the Avenger cap and can't. The rescue Cap looks most like Evans currently, followed by TFA (again IMO). The new sculpts look great.

I have all the CA's so far. The First avenger Cap is still by far the best IMO, just wish it had a better head sculpt.
I can see those becoming highly sought after. Once the decent headsculpts start coming out (stealth) I can see some great customised TFA heads appearing.

Why is TFA cap the best? That's the one that had all the crooked A's, shield chipping problems, leg holsters falling apart over time.

Some QC issues, most figures have them. Costume is fantastic on TFA.
It's a brilliant design more than anything. And still very CA.

Marvel must think the same to have brought it (almost) back.
:lol

Yeah that's the same OMG vid. Whats kind of a slap in the face is that box art, its looks way better than the figure does.
I still like it though and it will go perfect with my winter soldier.

Just saw this on Facebook. He definitely looks a lot meatier and more like Cap in the new figure. I still love TFA look, but this one is way better. Except the helmeted sculpt of course, but that can be fixed.

10431359_297180657117152_8090551278678480001_o.jpg

Chest and upper torso are very strangely proportioned. The outfit is too bulky, thick up there and makes him look pin headed.
I will certainly look at this first when I get him. Looks like he has American Football shoulder pads on there , didn't look like that in the movie.

The TFA suit is an amazing design. It's Captain America whilst still being realistic for the period. The slightly updated version looks great in TWS, far better than Avenger version IMO, but as for the HT figure versions, TFA version is closer to on screen costume.

Back