1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people are blowing it out of proportion as to how bad the head sculpt looks personally. It's not a knock out like the Rogers/Stealth Suit set but it looks pretty good still.

I agree, but from certain angles and certain poses it looks really good in photos. But in other poses and angles it looks downright awful. In pictures. I still think in hand it will be just fine.

I think people are blowing it out of proportion as to how bad the head sculpt looks personally. It's not a knock out like the Rogers/Stealth Suit set but it looks pretty good still.

For this reason is why the sculpt is getting trashed. Come out with a knock out with the 2-pack, and this one is a unrecognizable stunt double. Looking at that lineup of caps I am saying who is that bloated head guy?

Just posted on Facebook by John Woo.

10379866_297219790446572_5727940935082947517_o.jpg
It manages to make the Avengers head look really good.

Torso too short and bulky, too chesty. No neck because it looks like ice hockey pads. And his legs are too long.
The headsculpt? No pointing commenting beyond what's already been said. But how can this and the stealth version be from the same movie release? They look like they are 3-4 years apart sophistication wise.

Can't wait to get him!
:lol

I think Hot Toys have blown this figure out of proportion. :lol

Nobody liked HT DX Luke Skywalker in pictures, now all this time later people are still trying to get a set and talk about how great it is (which I can attest).

People are micro-picking from crappy cell phone pics.

Nobody liked HT DX Luke Skywalker in pictures, now all this time later people are still trying to get a set and talk about how great it is (which I can attest).

People are micro-picking from crappy cell phone pics.
HT DX Luke in hand looked exactly the same as the early pics that caused the freak out. People just took more flattering pics of it in hand. It still has the googly eyes, the dodgy stitching and poor fabric choice. Really good 1/6 figures stand up to the very worst unflattering photography. Poor photographs just highlight the issues with a figure. And these are not particularly poor or unflattering pics. Certainly not crappy phone pics. I have all these figures too, and they look just like they do in those pics, so not sure what would be different with this.

But I do believe the "wanting to like" attitude changes when you either love the subject matter or have spent a load of cash on something. Then it's easier in hand to turn a blind eye to the issues, you have vested interest in doing so?

At the end of the day if your happy with your purchase great, if your not then, why not? It's all subjective.

Just saw this on Facebook. He definitely looks a lot meatier and more like Cap in the new figure. I still love TFA look, but this one is way better. Except the helmeted sculpt of course, but that can be fixed.

10431359_297180657117152_8090551278678480001_o.jpg

The Golden Age suit design is so much better than the other with that third red stripe in the middle. It ties the suit all together; that's Captain America! The problem with this doll is the shoulders have no definition, the suit is too puffy. It looks like something he'd wear parachuting or in cold weather. It doesn't look like something he'd fight in because his upper body doesn't look like it would have much range and motion.
I could overlook the head that everybody seems to be complaining about but it's the bulkiness of the suit on the upper body that bothers me.

Back