1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my early processing offer email! Told em to charge that baby & ship him! :clap

Yup. I did the same about 30 minutes ago. Now the wait begins for tracking numbers.

I did the pack-out option so I wonder if that will affect when it goes out. For 10 bucks extra I would hope I get to go earlier rather than later.

Yup. I did the same about 30 minutes ago. Now the wait begins for tracking numbers.

I did the pack-out option so I wonder if that will affect when it goes out. For 10 bucks extra I would hope I get to go earlier rather than later.

It doesn't. It delays it by a day if you order the packout same day as processing. That's what sideshow rep told me.

DAMN IT TO HELL, another representative said my order wouldn't get shipped until next week. AHHHHHHH!!!!

When you do the pack out, does the $10 fee just get added on to the subtotal? (Separate from shipping)

Yup the subtotal, just found the charge there myself as the item is 209 and I got charged 219 plus 16 dollars shipping for a grand total of 236. So that's a total of 26 dollars for shipping which is out of control:pfft:

Yup the subtotal, just found the charge there myself as the item is 209 and I got charged 219 plus 16 dollars shipping for a grand total of 236. So that's a total of 26 dollars for shipping which is out of control:pfft:

Which is absurd, because SS is paying about 50% of that (including materials) to ship the item.

Shipping cost is more then people think it is. Shipping companies don't take packages across the country for free. They get the money not sideshow. There is very little Mark up on Shipping by the manufacturer. Shipping companies take it and gas company's take it from them. The cost of fuel is past on to us. Gas drives it all no pun intended.

The gov wouldn't allow business to capitalize shipping/freight cost of it wasn't a significant cost

Last edited:
Which is absurd, because SS is paying about 50% of that (including materials) to ship the item.

I think your about right on that

Shipping cost is more then people think it is. Shipping companies don't take packages across the country for free. They get the money not sideshow. There is very little Mark up on shipping. Shipping companies take it and gas company's take it from them. The cost of fuel is past on to us. Gas drives it all no pun intended

I have shipped all over the planet from new Zealand to Canada to California, It costs me about 15 dollars to ship a figure to cali so I get the 16 dollar charge from sideshow. I also knew the pack-out charge was 10 dollars so I went in knowing the cost, but its still a little excessive considering other retailers charge about 10-15 dollars less a figure and also ship bubble wrapped and double boxed as a standard for same price sideshow charges to ship it unprotected in a hot toys shipper.

All I'm saying is double boxing should be a standard when your a collectible company.

I think your about right on that

I have shipped all over the planet from new Zealand to Canada to California, It costs me about 15 dollars to ship a figure to cali so I get the 16 dollar charge from sideshow. I also knew the pack-out charge was 10 dollars so I went in knowing the cost, but its still a little excessive considering other retailers charge about 10-15 dollars less a figure and also ship bubble wrapped and double boxed as a standard for same price sideshow charges to ship it unprotected in a hot toys shipper.

All I'm saying is double boxing should be a standard when your a collectible company.
:exactly:

Those companies shipping it for less are eating into their profit margin and absorbing some cost. Ssc doesn't have to do that to entice sales I guess. They are the main distributor of these. They also regulate sales so that other vendors cannot slash prices below 8% unless authorized. If a company like alter ego wants to get around this limit to entice a sale they lower shipping costs passed on to the consumer.

Last edited:
Shipping & handling got to pay to sort and label properly. UPS 3 day select for a corporate account is about 9 to 10 dollars so its not too far fetched. The 10 dollars days I'm sure are fading, wish it wasn't so but being a business manager who deals with UPS I understand the cost associated on a product that has very minimal margin I'm sure.

So those shipping notices should come out in the next hour or so?

Last time I had a figure ship on Friday from SSC, I remember not getting the Shipping notice until Monday but looking on my order page the tracking # was there on Saturday. I think when I did get the notice, it went to my spam as well which is the only time that has happen. All don't really concern your post but... Whatever, I just want this thing on my shelf:)

Back