1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to getting mine in September, tempted to do the body swap but scared of how difficult it is to take the suit off!

I am not responsible for dumbassery or screwups:

1) Remove head, hands, boots, leather gauntlets. Set them aside. Yes, this is a full undress of the figure.
2) Remove belt. There is a small snap in the back, do that one first. The tiny snap probably could fit through the buckle but you don't really need to do that. Unsnap the front two snaps and there's enough slack to slip the belt down over the legs.
3) Trousers off. The action figure, not yours.
4) Cap's shirt is attached to the web "underwear" in ~ 5 places by a simple stitch. I chose to cut the web underwear instead of risking stitches on the shirt.
5) There is a criss-cross buckle on Cap's back and tiny snaps. Undo them. This will give you a bit of slack for getting the shirt of. It's all one piece, don't try to disassemble it.
6) Carefully work the arms and shoulders so the arms can go straight up over his head. Patience.
7) Wiggle the shirt off. Again, not yours.
8) Remove the big-ass black foam pads from inside the upper arms.

Now put it back together.

Kamandi that was the are you smarter than a 5th grader version and it was pretty much explained brother LOL

If you can get through the directions going forward you should be able to go through them in reverse.

I'm considering taking off the ankle extenders.

nTU8u1s.jpg

quick pics right out of the box on Iphone
while the Chris Evans headsculpt is the poorest yet the figure makes up for it with the best quality of uniform that Hot Toys has done yet in a Captain America figure and the diecast shield which is just awesome, it just makes me wish that Hot Toys had been doing metal shields from the beginning
2whlcns.jpg

55scpw.jpg

1y1y6u.jpg

2qmm0eg.jpg

the face is too narrow, the proportions are way off, its obvious right out the box. When looking at it close up the eyes don't even seem to be spot on

Just depends how you tilt the head. He looks fine in the detolf when you pose him right. Just like everyone else though, I'm taking it off the second the Stealth 2 pack comes out. :lol

I am not responsible for dumbassery or screwups:

1) Remove head, hands, boots, leather gauntlets. Set them aside. Yes, this is a full undress of the figure.
2) Remove belt. There is a small snap in the back, do that one first. The tiny snap probably could fit through the buckle but you don't really need to do that. Unsnap the front two snaps and there's enough slack to slip the belt down over the legs.
3) Trousers off. The action figure, not yours.
4) Cap's shirt is attached to the web "underwear" in ~ 5 places by a simple stitch. I chose to cut the web underwear instead of risking stitches on the shirt.
5) There is a criss-cross buckle on Cap's back and tiny snaps. Undo them. This will give you a bit of slack for getting the shirt of. It's all one piece, don't try to disassemble it.
6) Carefully work the arms and shoulders so the arms can go straight up over his head. Patience.
7) Wiggle the shirt off. Again, not yours.
8) Remove the big-ass black foam pads from inside the upper arms.

Now put it back together.

That.

It's a great looking piece but there are just too many different versions to break my wallet. I have to be selective.

The Shield version is the one I'm gunning for right now, especially the Rogers two pack version:lecture

Avengers 2 is a possibility as well, but regrettably I have to pass on GA Cap for now. :thud:

^ Nice hat. Will make a unique display.

I've read on previous cap forums about coating the shield to prevent flaking. Does anyone know if that's going to be an issue with this latest figure?

Back