1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removing the pads certainly helps make the head look better proportioned to the rest of the body. I really don't think it's all that bad. I don't think any of the helmeted heads they've done have ever really looked like Evans.
I agree, they've struggled to capture his likeness with a helm as they do RDJ without a helmet.

After watching TWS twice yesterday, the headsculpt does look like him for sure. It's the eyes that are messing it up. That's why the stealth HS looks so much better. Put those eyes on this sculpt and it would greatly improve it. Even with the open mouth expression

After watching TWS twice yesterday, the headsculpt does look like him for sure. It's the eyes that are messing it up. That's why the stealth HS looks so much better. Put those eyes on this sculpt and it would greatly improve it. Even with the open mouth expression

agreed! The eyes on the helmet is the thing that throws everything off

Got my Cap a few days ago. I like it. My favorite is still Avengers Cap. Even though the helmet looks goofy on him, I think the overall suit looks sleek on the HT figure. Here are a few pics of the whole HT Cap gang to date.

HTCapcollection.jpg
HTCapcollection2.jpg
CapCollection3.jpg

Got my Cap a few days ago. I like it. My favorite is still Avengers Cap. Even though the helmet looks goofy on him, I think the overall suit looks sleek on the HT figure. Here are a few pics of the whole HT Cap gang to date. ]

You should do a cap evolution chart with the figures, I ps'd this as an example :lol
Untitled-1.jpg

You should have Agent Coulson laying down. I'm sure if he was really surrounded by that many caps he would probably pass out :lol

CameraZOOM-20140803213202493.jpg

This is what I did with mine... I did enjoy the First Avenger version since i've had it (I got it 2nd hand without box, wasn't in the best shape) But I always thought the body was too stocky for him, should have been taller... Since I feel the Golden age version is a movie retcon of the first avenger uniform, I decided to take the shoulder strap and holster from the First Avenger version and add it to this one... I like it alot.

EDIT: BTW. The head on the figure is the alternate head for the Avengers Captain America, and the two on the bottom are the one the figure came with on the left, and the First Avenger head on the right.

Thanks for this! My Cap looks much better now!

For anyone who has done the shoulder pad mod, will the shirt ride up now when you raise the arms because the shirt is no longer held down attached to the mesh underwear?

This is my only fear with doing the mod. If I want to raise his arms I feel like the shirt will not be held down any more and will raise above the belt.

I haven't seen the shirt ride up but I haven't done any "arms up" poses either.. You could re-stitch the top to the mesh underwear. HT only attached it in a few places.

Finally took some pictures. I don't really like the figure in a museum pose. The HS definitely looks better in a dynamic pose. I have to say that I'm more impressed now that I have him in-hand.

pazezu7a.jpg

8yderyvu.jpg

eva7u6es.jpg

yzysepuq.jpg

Back