1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question: Is this your first Cap? If not, how do you display multiple Caps?

18CDB5CB-81FC-4A9E-90E5-5DF018C3AD82.jpg

^ Nice hat. Will make a unique display.

I've read on previous cap forums about coating the shield to prevent flaking. Does anyone know if that's going to be an issue with this latest figure?

doesn't appear so, since its metal the only thing you have to be worried about is scratching it on your own, its solidly painted. I believe the issue before was that the paint they where using didn't bond with the plastic, with metal we shouldn't have that issue

I am not responsible for dumbassery or screwups:

1) Remove head, hands, boots, leather gauntlets. Set them aside. Yes, this is a full undress of the figure.
2) Remove belt. There is a small snap in the back, do that one first. The tiny snap probably could fit through the buckle but you don't really need to do that. Unsnap the front two snaps and there's enough slack to slip the belt down over the legs.
3) Trousers off. The action figure, not yours.
4) Cap's shirt is attached to the web "underwear" in ~ 5 places by a simple stitch. I chose to cut the web underwear instead of risking stitches on the shirt.
5) There is a criss-cross buckle on Cap's back and tiny snaps. Undo them. This will give you a bit of slack for getting the shirt of. It's all one piece, don't try to disassemble it.
6) Carefully work the arms and shoulders so the arms can go straight up over his head. Patience.
7) Wiggle the shirt off. Again, not yours.
8) Remove the big-ass black foam pads from inside the upper arms.

Now put it back together.

Thanks for this! My Cap looks much better now!

1) Remove head, hands, boots, leather gauntlets. Set them aside. Yes, this is a full undress of the figure.
2) Remove belt. There is a small snap in the back, do that one first. The tiny snap probably could fit through the buckle but you don't really need to do that. Unsnap the front two snaps and there's enough slack to slip the belt down over the legs.
4) Cap's shirt is attached to the web "underwear" in ~ 5 places by a simple stitch. I chose to cut the web underwear instead of risking stitches on the shirt.
5) There is a criss-cross buckle on Cap's back and tiny snaps. Undo them. This will give you a bit of slack for getting the shirt of. It's all one piece, don't try to disassemble it.
6) Carefully work the arms and shoulders so the arms can go straight up over his head. Patience.

Thank you. :duff. :)

Thanks for posting this. I plan on trying it later today.

Got mine apart and removed the foam shoulder pads. Did you remove the mesh underwear and girdle as well or just leave them on?

Just removing the foam shoulder pads really improves this figure ten fold. :clap

And removing the head improves it ten hundred fold. :lol

The eye holes on the helmet are an incorrect shape, and that gives the eyes a look of desperation.
In general, the helmet looks better than TFA one, which was too big, and if you avoid pics with too much flash, and give it some toplighting, it can look slightly better.
Hard to imagine how it could have been worse, but we have the Strike version coming. And i have no problems replacing this helmet with that one.
It has to be said this helmet just makes him look glaikit.

C176E08D-AE02-4B01-B65F-C27AD07B5710.jpg

F41F0954-5B64-4BD0-B511-DC75D9DABAD4.jpg

C1EB1189-D811-40C1-89EA-0E7F3084AF79.jpg

4D0881AC-6757-4EDE-AC2C-81FF1C0924E7.jpg

34CA1C12-9E5D-4376-82E3-06892AFFA25F.jpg

648B337B-1A94-4631-95A9-3D98A5148964.jpg

21C11A8B-FF44-4EFD-BE89-57E8C5838E71.jpg

And removing the head improves it ten hundred fold. :lol

Removing the pads certainly helps make the head look better proportioned to the rest of the body. I really don't think it's all that bad. I don't think any of the helmeted heads they've done have ever really looked like Evans.

I think people tend to exaggerate. The HS is no. t as bad to my eyes as posters make it out to be. I can see Evans there in pics so in hand im sure it will be better. WS Black Widow and TDW Loki are way worse likeness wise.

I think the head sculpt looks plenty like Chris Evans, I just don't like it very much, but it has nothing to do with likeness. I think when people don't like the choice of expression or something about the way it looks, they automatically think it's just a fault in the likeness, as if every single face an actor makes is just so pleasant to look at.

Back