1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer your guys question... Taping it off and then spray painting it from a can would be best.

On that, Tamiya modelling masking tape is very good for this purpose but no-matter what tape you use, make sure you press the tape edge down firmly with your finger nail to prevent edge bleed.

Apparently Hot Toys have won a Best Licensee of the Year 2014 for their Captain America: The Winter Soldier line
11035477_914888678544685_5703451623070843911_n.jpg

With the exception of the Strike Cap figure, I guess the line came out well, so I don't feel bad about getting them all :rock

Arrgghhh I so want a Golden Age Cap right now after flicking through this thread!

Apparently Hot Toys have won a Best Licensee of the Year 2014 for their Captain America: The Winter Soldier line

With the exception of the Strike Cap figure, I guess the line came out well, so I don't feel bad about getting them all :rock

:clap

They earned it. Most of the figures were pretty cool, with Winter Soldier being my favorite.

I personally think the GA Cap looks pretty bad too. The Falcon figure is pretty spot on though.

The best thing about Stealth Cap is the sculpt and AoU version has both... That's their chance to redeem and make a truly great Cap.

The line is pretty solid IMO. The only one I passed on is BW, I just keep seeing Natalie Portman, I can't unsee it.

Still don't know why people hate the Strike Cap. I'm looking right at mine now and see nothing wrong with him. I guess too many people worry about the tiniest of details that you don't really notice without scrutinizing the figure.

Because it didn't end up even remotely close to this. The physique is like a kid in a Halloween costume.
ec36c184fd3dbe7d5d6ee173ed5bd409.jpg
Im gonna say looking exactly like that is kind of unrealistic for a mass produced toy but it could have looked a little closer to the prototype. In hand Im satisfied with the fig but a few tweeks would have made a world of difference.

Im gonna say looking exactly like that is kind of unrealistic for a mass produced toy but it could have looked a little closer to the prototype. In hand Im satisfied with the fig but a few tweeks would have made a world of difference.
Except that it's not that unrealistic. The MOS fig has great musculature that more or less looks how Henry Cavill did in the movie. The Cap prototype had the V shape and broad shoulders and while not being 100% accurate to Evans still looked pretty good.

Anyone that's happy with the figure that's fine for them, I'm just one of many that's disappointed in the final product.

Back