Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a problem with mine that has ALL of you guys beat! I picked mine up from my office yesterday, opened the shipping box today, pulled out the awesome box, opened the flap, and found...nothing. There was nothing in the box, just the foam inserts! WTF?!!! :banghead

Sigh. My luck has been real crummy lately....

Didn't someone else posted the same experience and HT acknowledged that a few empty boxes made it out to customers by mistake? I am sure you contacted your reseller and I will certainly open every figure I get these days

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

My PERS just broke on my Joker. I am pissed! :mad:

My dad contacted BBTS. Hopefully they will send a replacement.

My PERS just broke on my Joker. I am pissed! :mad:

My dad contacted BBTS. Hopefully they will send a replacement.

Thats awful!! :( I feel really bad for you EdwardNygma1, I know how much you loved that figure too. I would be gutted if that happened to mine.
I hope you manage to sort something out or get a new one some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think retailers replace things you broke. Only if they arrive that way man.

Depends. Toys2 secured me a new wrist peg for my Rambo 3 and TDK Batman figures, granted it's a common part HT's probably got boat loads of, but it wasn't broken in the box, it broke shortly after taking it out and doing a little posing. I'd say PERS breakage shortly after item receipt has a 50/50 shot of being resolved, the break could be user caused or it could be defective part, so with a grey area like that, it might just get covered, companies would rather take care of you and get more business from you than say you don't know how to use it.

But as you said, this would be a whole new head he needs, a hand painted, expensive head. Argueably the most expensive part of the figure, so they'd need to replace the entire thing. I payed $75 just for the head in a bidding war and have since seen them go as high as $90.

Best case scenerio he'll have to take his cop joker apart, repackage everything, and pay the shipping cost to get it back to BBTS on his own dime. Then wait for a new one.

I am sure you will get yours resolved. If I were Hot toys I would have spares and the ones that come back simply get redone and await other RMAs and worse case just sell it on eBay under a pseudo account and make even more money in the end ;)
Heck if they are nice they eventually just gift these extra parts to their staff :D

But as you said, this would be a whole new head he needs, a hand painted, expensive head. Argueably the most expensive part of the figure, so they'd need to replace the entire thing. I payed $75 just for the head in a bidding war and have since seen them go as high as $90.

Best case scenerio he'll have to take his cop joker apart, repackage everything, and pay the shipping cost to get it back to BBTS on his own dime. Then wait for a new one.

Like I said, it's a gamble, could happen, could not, but I do believe there is a chance, even at the Hot Toys level, I'm sure they're smart enough to realize it being the first PERS figure, there's bound to be problems and easy brakes caused by how it was made, and for them to, they want you to trust in their product quality. $100 replacement head is worth it for your future business. What's $100 when you could spend thousands in the coming years buying more of their figures.

Like I said, it's a gamble, could happen, could not, but I do believe there is a chance, even at the Hot Toys level, I'm sure they're smart enough to realize it being the first PERS figure, there's bound to be problems and easy brakes caused by how it was made, and for them to, they want you to trust in their product quality. $100 replacement head is worth it for your future business. What's $100 when you could spend thousands in the coming years buying more of their figures.

and the fact that the entire cost of the DX01 is likely to be only $40 as typically retail is 4x final production cost (rememebr DX02 is only HK$1150!!!). Oh in your case it might also be a simply case of repairing the PERS with new internal parts which certainly cost a lot less than the entire head to produce. Maybe can even send you just replacement PERS parts ;)

Ed in what way is it broken? the eyes no longer move? they have slipped back in to the headsculpt? if u took the head apart could you possibly fix it?

Back