Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the tie too. I tried to fix it a couple times but it just doesn't seem to want to stay any better. Oh well... I'll fix it eventually.

I find that you have to make sure that not just the front part of the tie is tucked up high but actually all around the neck. Sometimes the collar is too wide so I fold it up a little higher too. But ones you have the tie running around the neck and shirt properly it will stay up. Last tip (an obvious one) is that when you adjust the tie to straighten it make sure to lock the tie in tight using your thumb before you pull the tie to straighten it and voila .. works every time

Actually, the judge found a jester card:

2porupv.jpg

The head one is from the "here's my card" scene, it's easier to see in one of the publicity photos that I can't find now:

2w6c7eb.jpg

Get out the tweezers and a toothpick. The best futzing tools. Saying that a bowl of luke warm water is great for sharpening up some folds on the clothes. Taking the puffy look out of it.

I find that you have to make sure that not just the front part of the tie is tucked up high but actually all around the neck. Sometimes the collar is too wide so I fold it up a little higher too. But ones you have the tie running around the neck and shirt properly it will stay up. Last tip (an obvious one) is that when you adjust the tie to straighten it make sure to lock the tie in tight using your thumb before you pull the tie to straighten it and voila .. works every time

It's funny when a stranger ends up reading this thread and thinking what the feck... all these adults playing with dolls and tweezers dressing them all neat and tidy.

Would you believe I said doll? how shocking is that. I'd better go stand in the corner.

I wasn't even close on the cards then... DOH.

And yeah it was funny last night when I had to borrow the wifes hair dryer to warm up the head and she made fun of me for playing dress-up with my dolls. :)

I wasn't even close on the cards then... DOH.

And yeah it was funny last night when I had to borrow the wifes hair dryer to warm up the head and she made fun of me for playing dress-up with my dolls. :)

LOL I got that from my wife wife when I was futzing my ANH Han Solo's outfit the other day. She compared it to her Barbies. :sick

I've seen The Dark Knight more times than I care to count which is the only reason I remembered the cards.

<--- hardcore Chris Nolan Batman nerd

It's funny when a stranger ends up reading this thread and thinking what the feck... all these adults playing with dolls and tweezers dressing them all neat and tidy
Would you believe I said doll? how shocking is that. I'd better go stand in the corner.

Hmm how our women always end up teasing us and reason why I only play with my "dolls" in the middle of the night when she is in bed :( I just can't have her see me happy like this playing with "DOLLS" :monkey2

Hmm how our women always end up teasing us and reason why I only play with my "dolls" in the middle of the night when she is in bed :( I just can't have her see me happy like this playing with "DOLLS" :monkey2

I hate it when people call them dolls, don't you?

Well, I just got mine from DCBS. Excellent figure and awesome price (<$140!!) but I did encounter a few issues:

First thing I did was CAREFULLY check out the PERS... and break it. Luckily only the base (which holds the peg/stick) fell off. I was able to re-insert the peg and glue the base. Actually works better now.
Then the name plate fell right off the stand. Nothing a little more glue couldn't solve.
In other words, I've had some of the more common problems people have been mentioning. For a collectible figure we should expect better QC. Since this is their first attempt at PERS (and the fact that I was able to quickly fix mine) I'll let it slide. However, although the stand nameplate is a minor nuisance, that I won't forgive. Come on HT, this is just a simple glue-assembly procedure that clearly failed due to a lack of basic QC.

Still despite the flaws I've mentioned, I still say this is a superb collectible. Sculpt, paint app, and tailoring are all amazing!

I had a hell of a time getting that cop hat on his head. Broke many finger nails. I can't believe I pay so much money to always get so irritated when trying to set these things up.

Love him.

I had a hell of a time getting that cop hat on his head. Broke many finger nails. I can't believe I pay so much money to always get so irritated when trying to set these things up.

Love him.

hehe and you still need to spend another 30min to fix that collar and tie on your police "doll" ;)

Collar yes, tie, no way. I would know how to fix it or how it's supposed to look. Any pics?

Collar yes, tie, no way. I would know how to fix it or how it's supposed to look. Any pics?

nono I think the tie as is is fine just needs to stay up high
policerx.jpg

Dang I feel like you just pulled a fast one over me
Actually I just mentioned it on the previous page...
ohh another Cannuck , ey ;)

Last edited:
I see. I guess I'll just try pulling on the back of it or something.

Hello fellow canadian.

Regarding tie/collar placement.

I found that the key was to make sure that the tie was as high as possible around back. In other words, make sure that the tie is tucked well under the collar. I had to flip the collar up to get the tie positioned right (nice and high) and then flip the collar down.

The tie shortens just like a real tie (because it is a real tie): just pull on the small end.

The tie tightens (smaller knot) just like a real tie as well: pull the big end.

The trick to doing this all well at this scale is to USE TWEEZERS!!! Very important!

Takes patience, but well worth it!

P1050715.jpg

P1050460.jpg

Last edited:
Back