Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL @ that pic.. I see where you're going, but trust me that it looks less funky in person LOL. must be the angle of the pic :lol

@ Maulfan.. I always found he was determined at the Mob scene, but as soon as he grabbed that grenade rig, he was on edge, very alert. Which made sense.. Because well.. he was holding a grenade rig lol.

Here is what I went with for my grenade rig pose:

P1050443.jpg

I never did get to experiment with a crouch though, and now I have him all dismantled to do some shirt ironing.

Here is my original pose:

P1050380.jpg

I know, I know, they look almost identical, but in the top picture you may notice that he is leaning forward a little at the torso. That little tweak made a huge difference to me. Just made him much more menacing and a little 'bent' or 'twisted'!

Having the hands high enough is really important too.

We all have different visions for how we want these things to look, which is a big reason I like figures more than statues. You, me and 2000 other people can have the same figure, but theoretically, we could all have it setup completely different in our displays, if it were a statue, there'd be nothing unique unless we got a repaint or added things to it, but otherwise, it'd basically be the same piece and look on every shelf.
-MaulFan

Truer words have never been spoken.:lecture:clap

Interesting how the head in the shot with the box and cards in the back pretty much lines up exactly with the posture of the head on the Joker card.

eczamurai, I would be curious to see your pose a little more leaning forward and a little less squatting...

But, like you said, it no doubt looks different in person.

Maglor found a a happy middle ground I think, but you guys have some awesome Jokers so round of applause for all of you in my books.

Interesting how the head in the shot with the box and cards in the back pretty much lines up exactly with the posture of the head on the Joker card.

Cool, I never noticed that!!!

Glad I took that pic!

And thanks, Balsquat!

[I am going to bid on a BRJ on an ebay auction that is about to end in 22 minutes.

Cross your fingers for me! :)]

thanks guys. I may fiddle with him more. I was just happy to finally have the whole grenade/string rig in place where nothing fell off, so I didnt touch him anymore, LOL.

Dude, that's a huge improvement!

Give it a day or two. Tweak it a few times and you'll get it just right. That's what I do anyway. :)

So I bought a pair of v.1 Joker pants from EdwardNygma1 and replaced the DX Pants. Much better now, no more smedium, extra tight pants. :lol

Not to mention the v.1 pants (at least the ones I got) match better with the coat imo.

I also removed the snap buttons from the vest and sewed it shut. Looks much better to me now (seeing the black snaps drove me crazy). I'll snap up some updated pics later.

I completely agree, the v1 pants have a better fit, color matches the coat, and the pin stripes stand out much less. The only thing I liked about the DX pants were having the suspenders attached, but since you wouldn't see those anyway, no point making my pants selection around them.

Oh, the HORROR!!!

I just did something terrible!!!

I have my Joker nekkid (and headless) right now because I just ironed his shirt.

But then the unthinkable happened... I dropped the figure on a vinyl floor... and it broke!!!!!!!!:horror:horror:horror:horror

:monkey2:monkey2

Here are picks of the broken hip.

P1060033.jpg

P1060035.jpg

I don't know what to do.

I tried crazy gluing it back in place and it didn't hold. Now that I look at the function of the hip, I don't know if gluing would work anyway.

I will probably have to buy another body. :mad:

Does this thing come on a Narrow Shoulder TT?

Grrrr, this is the first Hot Toys figure I ever bought.:banghead

The clown costume can go on a Narrow or Regular TT, but it came from Hot Toys with a Narrow, just as and FYI.

That's why I use stands, maybe the poses aren't as dynamic as you'd get without them, though these new ball supporter kind lend pretty well to more dynamic stances. I'd rather less interesting poses and the figure look sharp and not fall on me and break with no repair options than be dynamic and risk a shelf dive.

Back