Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys. Yes It's Adam'one of course. I'm working on the others ( amazing ) pictures ^^ It's coming

Hey guys,
I'm back with an amazing thing tonight :D

Here is my new masterpiece ^^

adam.jpg

Soooooo jealous!!!:duh

Please give us many more pics of this!!!

Yes I really think that the expression is different. It's smirking here. It's the josh'one actually ( small studio ) I bought this from him!

That was Adam's first Joker. Personally I prefer the DX to both of his heads, the only thing I admire is the hair

I can't articulate what it is, but something about the imaresq Joker heads, at least the ones like Neo got, not the laughing one, it strikes me more like I'm looking at a sculpture of Heath Ledger that's got some white, black and red on it, the Hot Toys heads look more like the Joker with Heath's features, particularly the eyes. I don't know what causes the difference, they're both Ledger sculpts with Joker paint apps, but Hot Toys' heads feel more like Joker off screen to me.

Hey guys,
I'm back with an amazing thing tonight :D

Here is my new masterpiece ^^

adam.jpg

Dude more photos looks hell cool! Can't believe Josh didn't repaint it, would've been insane!

I can't articulate what it is, but something about the imaresq Joker heads, at least the ones like Neo got, not the laughing one, it strikes me more like I'm looking at a sculpture of Heath Ledger that's got some white, black and red on it, the Hot Toys heads look more like the Joker with Heath's features, particularly the eyes. I don't know what causes the difference, they're both Ledger sculpts with Joker paint apps, but Hot Toys' heads feel more like Joker off screen to me.
I don't know how Adam does it, but somehow he just captures Heath perfectly. It's actually like looking at a scaled down Heath head, wearing the joker makeup, as you say. They'd look pretty cool without it imho. I'd love to get a natural one, with some done up hair perhaps and make a ned kelly custom, that would be cool
I think the difference is just the effect. The HT heads actually look like clown heads, whereas Adam's look like some guy, wearing makeup/warpaint, plus the hair just adds to that realistic look.

Bah, the isopropyl didn't work at getting rid of the glue off the stand. I guess I'll just buy another... it doesn't hurt to have two DX stands.

To me, the custom ones are very evocative of specific scenes (the "tryouts" scene in particular) where more of Heath shows through... it's amazing how much he disappears into the makeup and outfit, for 90% of his scenes I'd never know it was him.

Back