Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the custom ones are very evocative of specific scenes (the "tryouts" scene in particular) where more of Heath shows through... it's amazing how much he disappears into the makeup and outfit, for 90% of his scenes I'd never know it was him.

^^

tryouts.jpg

Devil_666, I like the moded vest. Don't know if I would do it myself but it looks very sharp!:cool:

...how do you get it on? Do you have to sew it while he's wearing it?

To me, the custom ones are very evocative of specific scenes (the "tryouts" scene in particular) where more of Heath shows through... it's amazing how much he disappears into the makeup and outfit, for 90% of his scenes I'd never know it was him.

Pretty much any moment where the makeup was thinner on him, which is kind of duh, but still. When the makeup was heavy, Heath was lost in. The mob meeting, the Prewitt siege, the flaming money, but the interrogation, killing Gamble, even when he's in the street facing off Batman on the Batpod, there was more than Joker, which sounds odd to say when Heath was always the Joker, but I really don't know how to articulate the effect.

That's why I prefer the DX head though, I want Joker figures that strongly look like the Joker laid on Heath's physical features. I admit Adam's portraits are beautiful, they're just not for me.

Devil_666, I like the moded vest. Don't know if I would do it myself but it looks very sharp!:cool:

...how do you get it on? Do you have to sew it while he's wearing it?

Yup. :lol Definite drawback I know, but I said the hell with it. I couldn't look at those ghastly black snaps hanging out any more. :D

Pretty much any moment where the makeup was thinner on him, which is kind of duh, but still. When the makeup was heavy, Heath was lost in. The mob meeting, the Prewitt siege, the flaming money, but the interrogation, killing Gamble, even when he's in the street facing off Batman on the Batpod, there was more than Joker, which sounds odd to say when Heath was always the Joker, but I really don't know how to articulate the effect.

That's why I prefer the DX head though, I want Joker figures that strongly look like the Joker laid on Heath's physical features. I admit Adam's portraits are beautiful, they're just not for me.

I agree. Look at Dev's signature. That is Heath's Joker, and it looks so much like the DX head.

I don't know. I don't see a whole lot of Ledger in that custom. I see more of that guy on Sons of Anarchy. Not disrepecting the sculpt or sculptor. Kudos to the sculptor 'cause I can't sculpt to save my life. However, I'm not seeing it.

I agree with you on that. The only head that was really cool of his Joker's was the laughing head imo. But I don't want to pay......well.....a very large amount of money just for a head.

The DX head is perfect for me, I just wish it had a bit fuller hair

I think Jokers hair is like his character. It's choas but there is a hidden structure/agenda underneath.

I think Jokers hair is like his character. It's choas but there is a hidden structure/agenda underneath.

Nicolson whore a hat through most of his film. I assume you just mean The Dark Knight.

Back