Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its simple: Dont want it, dont buy it... But to be honest the clothing on version one is superb. Yes it looks a little bulcky but if you pose it right it looks perfect (to me)... And this new Joker suit will be even better. :):banana

not good enough. not buying it. still want to comment on it. got it? the clothing on v1 is "superb"??? if that's your word of choice to describe it, i dont think we'll ever see eye to eye, so i'm just going to stop here with you.

the face and the hair are already two separate pieces to begin with, just like BR joker's head. you can see the line separating both piece plainly at the front.

Only the front bangs, most of the part and the entire right side is part of the sculpt.

So whats everyone gonna do with their BR head? Heres what i did.

Jokes001.jpg

good for you. who needs more guitar heroes figures anyway?

was banned myself, but you already know that. :)

I remember. Good arguements. :rotfl

But yeah....McF aint what it used to be. But I still love all the stuff he made in the past...so I cant hate him entirely.

Only the front bangs, most of the part and the entire right side is part of the sculpt.

does that front bangs bother you? if that line extent to the right side of the head, would it bother you?

I remember. Good arguements. :rotfl

But yeah....McF aint what it used to be. But I still love all the stuff he made in the past...so I cant hate him entirely.

true, i'm still keeping all my mcf figures. just dont care about the company now. at. all.

does that front bangs bother you? if that line extent to the right side of the head, would it bother you?

It actually does bother me, but I only live with it because the loose strands flowing from it that doing it that way allows is worth the small patch where you can see it's not a smooth transition.

I pretty much hate any figure where the hair is like a wig on the head,especiall when the hair is parts, it often looks horribly face or because it's plastic, the edge is too thick. Hot Toys Elizabeth Swann is a great example. If they could blend it better, I'd be willing to give it a try, but so far any time I've seen it it sucks.

I happen to take photos from behind figures, so the seam may show, but most of the time I'll be looking from the front so if the access hatch is a small spot in the back, that's the best aesthetic on the figure.

if the edge is too thick at the front, like he's wearing a wig, then i dont want that either. but if i have to choose between a visible square hatch at the back of the head, like he's some kind of robot with a control switch, and no moving eyes... i'd pick the latter.

not to take away from this masterpiece figure, but for a figure that is unreleased, only up for a pre-orders, and that no one has yet, i think this thread is a tiny bit too long:D

Yeah, unless someting breaks, you should be required to use the designed moving mechanism(s) in order to get them to move, it shouldn't be you pose them and 2 days later natural vibrations of your home make the eyes shift on your shelf.

Thats what I thought. I mean I wouldn't expect normal vibrations to move them but I'm more trying to figure out if it just locked into place once you have a angle selected.

not to take away from this masterpiece figure, but for a figure that is unreleased, only up for a pre-orders, and that no one has yet, i think this thread is a tiny bit too long:D

There will be a Photo thread started by the time this figure is released. It's like starting all over! And with pics too. It'll be the post-release thread.

Yeah, it probably is too long but you have to have the fun of hyping it up too. :D

if the edge is too thick at the front, like he's wearing a wig, then i dont want that either. but if i have to choose between a visible square hatch at the back of the head, like he's some kind of robot with a control switch, and no moving eyes... i'd pick the latter.

Well, the moving eyes aren't going anywhere so I'd say what HT is doing is a fair compromise in regards to the hair.

I think a removable section is a better choice aesthetically than making the entire hairpiece removable. Enterbay has had success hiding the seam on the Bruce Lee figures because Lee has a hair style that masks the discrepancy. But if you look at their Mr. Bean figure:

P1150744.jpg

It doesn't work so well.

I can't wait until we see better, closer pics of the Joker's rear head to see how well HT hides the seams among the Joker's sculpted strands of hair.

Back