Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't really bother me if the grenade rig cannot be removed since I probably wouldn't pose him without it anyway. I can use my DCD one to be the "regular" Joker.

ap_20090405110228465.jpg.jpg

I know it is unfair to compare like this.....but I like the BR head (#2) best.
The DX head's makeup seems too thick.

Last edited:
Wow, so it IS removable hairpiece! Never have thunk it!

Cheers for the new infro Darren.

EDIT: But it is only the most back chunk of hair that comes off looking at the pics.

Yup, which is nice, spares the overall aesthetic by not making the entire hair piece removable, and ultimately, who's going to see the back of the head much. I do hope it blend fairly well, but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't.

However, it does raise a question as to where this technology is going. Joker's got a full head of hair where you can probably make this blend alright, but what would you do for say a John Connor? Cool developments from HT, but certainly questions about the future.

So will the eyes lock in place? That way once you have them the way you want they won't move.

Yeah, unless someting breaks, you should be required to use the designed moving mechanism(s) in order to get them to move, it shouldn't be you pose them and 2 days later natural vibrations of your home make the eyes shift on your shelf.

This picture after looking at it closer is really starting to bother me.
MMSDXJoker3.jpg

If you look closely you can see the grenade rig sticking out. I really hope we will be able to take these off some how, because I am not go to be posing mine with the grenades.

The grenades come out, all the stays attached is the black patch of cloth and hooks that the grenades rest in. I don't think you'll notice the rig unless you display him with his jacket blowing open.

It's not Enterbay's either. G.I. Joe figures had moveable eyes since the 70's. We don't know how HT's PERS functions yet so maybe it'll be unique. Who knows.

another poster has mentioned this to me as well. but do you think hottoys got this same idea when picking up an old GI Joe toy, or last year's enterbay's bruce lee?

Personally, I think the moveable eyes is a very cool innovation. But for the DX series, I would expect more improvements in the tailoring and clothing material than what we see.

Yeah don't let the extreme close-up shots fool you.. them 1/6 scale eyes is tiny. :lol

which is i think this translucent iris thing is useless and unnecessary. it's much too small to be appreciated by human eyes. would much prefer they do more innovation in 1/6 scale clothing instead. the v1 joker's clothing is a joke, and the DX's is still not much of an improvement.

Wow, so it IS removable hairpiece! Never have thunk it!

Cheers for the new infro Darren.

EDIT: But it is only the most back chunk of hair that comes off looking at the pics.

which means there willl be noticable lines around this removable chuck in the back of the head. enterbay got it right... you should remove the entire hair piece. no lines will be visible then. if it aint broke, dont fix it. you're already copying their method anyway, might as well just swallow your pride and copy all the way, hottoys.

which means there willl be noticable lines around this removable chuck in the back of the head. enterbay got it right... you should remove the entire hair piece. no lines will be visible then. if it aint broke, dont fix it. you're already copying their method anyway, might as well just swallow your pride and copy all the way, hottoys.

Except it'll be at the back of the head, so even if you do notice, who gives a ^^^^, the front of the head will look more natural with hair sculpting running right from the head into the hair instead of a "wig" piece. I think this is the better way to go.

Is it me or does the chain look longer now?

Hard to say. For sure, it hangs lower, the original doesn't go down to the knee, BUT, looking at my v1 right now and that picture, maybe it's just perception, but the legs look shorter. So is the chain longer or is this a shorter, newer body that'll keep him more in scale with the Batmans, that'd be great.

Except it'll be at the back of the head, so even if you do notice, who gives a ^^^^, the front of the head will look more natural with hair sculpting running right from the head into the hair instead of a "wig" piece. I think this is the better way to go.

the face and the hair are already two separate pieces to begin with, just like BR joker's head. you can see the line separating both piece plainly at the front.

Last edited:
Back