Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty I doubt that many people are going to have a problem with Joker 2.0.'s P.E.R.S. eyes. I tried to really stare at the figure a while ago and it is really hard telling whether the eyes are too big on it or not. Not to mention Joker was squinting a lot in the movie, which is something this figure isn't doing.

Granted the eyes might be too big, I don't dispute that, but there are things that mitigate it. First of all they are not pure white like DX01's eyes are so they don't pop out as much. This is something most pictures mine included do not do justice to. In hand the eyes blend in to the face a lot better and they are pretty deep in the head. What matters to me is that they do look like Joker's eyes and they aren't too far apart like on some other sculpts. If I'd change anything on the Joker it would be the tip of the nose. It should be bigger as Ledger didn't exactly have a small nose. This would also make the eyes seem more in proportion. DX01's nose is actually more accurate IMO.

Just for the record I am not a huge fan of P.E.R.S. I rarely bother to move the eyes and when it comes to Batman figures for example, I actually prefer the MMS71 headsculpt over both the DX02 and the DX12 exactly because of the eyes. But in the case of Joker 2.0., the eyes do look lifelike to me. Whether the sculpt would have been better without P.E.R.S. that I can't say.

Some very good points.

However, since we both have it in hand we know what makes the eyes appear smaller than they are. However, that is the thing, it is an illusion that they look smaller than they really are. IMO that is not good enough, they should just be normal size like the DX08. The reason why the illusion bothers me is because since they are deeper set in the head you cant create the look of my avatar pic when the head is tilted down because the bone covers most of the eyes. That is really my main issue I have with the PERS on this head sculpt, other than that it is not too bad.

Yeah I prefer the MMS71 headsculpt over both the DX02 and the DX12 because of the eyes to, even though the cowl is way off and the face plate looks nothing like Bale. The shape of the cowl is pretty much perfect on the DX12 IMO

Oh yeah totally agree with the nose being to small on the Joker 2.0 sculpt to.

. :hi5:

attachment.php

Awesome shot, my favorite so far. :) The 2.0 looks very realisitic in it, and the eyes are perfect IMO. I see a lot of Ledger and Joker in it.

Awesome shot, my favorite so far. :) The 2.0 looks very realisitic in it, and the eyes are perfect IMO. I see a lot of Ledger and Joker in it.

Yeah the eyes look good there but I disagree I don't really see Ledger there just the Joker's/Ledgers expression. However, that is just my opinion, if you like that is fine, I am just discussing the things I do not like about it but definitely do not want to put people off buying this set.

:peace

the more i see the lineup, the less i like the dx01. it was never my favorite sculpt, but next to the dx11, it really pales: the flat mouth, the overly white face, the weird hairline....

especially in the picture just above, the dx11 has a very weirdly sympathetic quality.

Some very good points.

However, since we both have it in hand we know what makes the eyes appear smaller than they are. However, that is the thing, it is an illusion that they look smaller than they really are. IMO that is not good enough, they should just be normal size like the DX08. The reason why the illusion bothers me is because since they are deeper set in the head you cant create the look of my avatar pic when the head is tilted down because the bone covers most of the eyes. That is really my main issue I have with the PERS on this head sculpt, other than that it is not too bad.

Yeah I prefer the MMS71 headsculpt over both the DX02 and the DX12 because of the eyes to, even though the cowl is way off and the face plate looks nothing like Bale. The shape of the cowl is pretty much perfect on the DX12 IMO

Oh yeah totally agree with the nose being to small on the Joker 2.0 sculpt to.

. :hi5:

It seems we are in agreement then. :) I think it all boils down to what look people prefer on their Jokers. As I mentioned in an earlier post, both BR Joker and DX01 do the "staring from beneath his brow" look better. If looked at from above Joker 2.0. starts to lose his likeness, but from slightly below or straight angle Joker 2.0. is superior IMO and as it happens my Joker is on a top shelf, so I will rarely see the side of him that I don't like.

Also as a side note, I am on a really tight budget this year when it comes to figures (and everything else for that matter). So, I didn't like the idea of having to buy yet another Joker, when I already have so many of them. Once I finally gave up pondering and just bought the Joker 2.0. head I wasn't sure if I had made a mistake, not until I finally got it in the mail. I was happily surprised as it was the Joker I had wanted for a long time. It isn't perfect but it was actually better than I expected and I know now that I would have regretted it had I not bought it. I can live without the rest of 2.0. set, but missing this head would have been a mistake IMO. I suppose I wanted to make the comparison pics for people like me who are on the fence and appreciate similar things on their Jokers as I do.

I also know that passing up on a figure you would have loved and then finding it out too late is not exactly a nice feeling. I did that with one of my favorite figures, the Godfather! I felt I could not afford it at the time and then made up excuses why I wouldn't need it. Of course I ended up paying more for it as a result, when I finally came to my senses. Not too much more, as it didn't take that long for me to come to my senses. :p I didn't buy it from ebay or anything but still... I very nearly missed it, it was sold out on most places.

Last edited:
It seems we are in agreement then. :) I think it all boils down to what look people prefer on their Jokers. As I mentioned in an earlier post, both BR Joker and DX01 do the "staring from beneath his brow" look better. If looked at from above Joker 2.0. starts to lose his likeness, but from slightly below or straight angle Joker 2.0. is superior IMO and as it happens my Joker is on a top shelf, so I will rarely see the side of him that I don't like.

That was a good move on your part! :wink1:

Also as a side note, I am on a really tight budget this year when it comes to figures (and everything else for that matter). So, I didn't like the idea of having to buy yet another Joker, when I already have so many of them. Once I finally gave up pondering and just bought the Joker 2.0. head I wasn't sure if I had made a mistake, not until I finally got it in the mail. I was happily surprised as it was the Joker I had wanted for a long time. It isn't perfect but it was actually better than I expected and I know now that I would have regretted it had I not bought it. .

Well as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters, I would probably like the sculpt better if it did not have the PERS. I really think that is what has screwed up the likeness IMO. So that is why I still think the Bank Robber sculpt is better I guess, despite the fact that the Joker 2.0 sculpt looks more in proportion.

@Darkavatar Don't you have an Adam sculpt? I'd like to see it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but it is a mess man and it is a very old one of his, I don't want to post pics of what it looks like now as I am ashamed of it. :lol

Nevertheless, this is the sculpt I owned before people modded it and still couldn't fix it up.

Teddies_zps9217a83f.jpg

This is what it was suppose to look like.

DSCF2855_zps1aa49071.jpg

Nevertheless, the sculpt itself not exactly a home run anyway.:thud:

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me. If you ever want to sell it or trade let me know.

Yeah its not too bad, I just meant it isn't amazing like Adam's new sculpts like the one alexi has.

Even though this sculpt is a mess I am not looking to sell it because it is still better than the Joker 2.0 IMO even though the face is too fat and round and the paint and hair sucks. Unless I get a better sculpt I do not think I will not sell it right now sorry. :(

Really? How do you figure that?

Granted, I am ashamed of posting pics of it because it is a mess but I am not really consistently thinking yes I want to sell this then the next second no I don't.

First you said it was a mess and that you were ashamed of it then when I expressed interest in buying you said " it's not too bad." I also remember you really liking the 2.0 sculpt when it was first shown then to disdain for it. And that was before you had it in hand.

I mean it's whatever to me, I was just saying. Im not trying to start anything. :)

Personally, I only think Neo, intothevoid, alexi and short round should show theirs. Their sculpts are amazing! Mine is just ok. That being said, if it wasn't a mess I would show it.

Yeah, those sculpts are so good it almost make you not even want a Ledger sculpt unless it is one of those. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever own an Adam sculpt. They're rare and not a lot of people want to sell. SO even if I saved the money I wouldn't be able to find one and when one does pop up I wouldn't have the time to raise the sort of cash it takes to afford one. It would be nice if he came back to at least sell unpainted sculpts of something. That way I could at least have one to hold on to. If I had one of his sculpts I don't think I'd have the need to ever buy another Ledger sculpt ever.

+1 :yess:

Everyone should be whipping out the Adam sculpts

personally i think i'd just like to see the 2.0 in the 2.0 thread.

customs are great, but wading through mods and customs in the "official" threads is kind of a drag sometimes ~ especially since there is a whole customs forum for that.

just my ha'penny worth.

: o p

Just noticed I had few more pics of the 2.0. headsculpt in my camera that I hadn't posted. I'll just put them in here as well, and the people can make up their own mind whether the headsculpt looks good or not. These pics aren't anything fancy, just quick shots that are meant to show what the headsculpt looks in hand. If there is illusion involved I don't mind it as I get the same illusion just by holding the figure in hand and looking at it.:)

Back