Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems a pattern if guys in the far east get it, month later America gets it set your date to two months after that for us in the UK.

I'd rather wait than get scalped by some of the HK sellers I mean the mark up is ridiculous just to have it early.

Just going to ask the question again just in case my post gets burried... yes I'm a little worried of missing out on the exclusive lol.. So I'm NOT on the waitlist for the exclusive version and it is currently listed as sold out AND not taking waitlist reservations anymore. Do you guys think that after after all the cancellations and cc rejections, that the exclusive will once be available to order even after the wailist are fulfilled?

Just going to ask the question again just in case my post gets burried... yes I'm a little worried of missing out on the exclusive lol.. So I'm NOT on the waitlist for the exclusive version and it is currently listed as sold out AND not taking waitlist reservations anymore. Do you guys think that after after all the cancellations and cc rejections, that the exclusive will once be available to order even after the wailist are fulfilled?

You'll get a waitlist conversion most likely, but feareth not! I am getting the exclusive and if you want I would probably willing to part with my exlcusive pieces. I'm sure there are others on here who would probably willing to do the same.

Thanks! Was just wondering if it ever was lower since I recently pre-ordered the DX11 from them. 200 seems a bit to high compared to other UK sites, but those are all sold out now anyway.

That's because everywhere else has paid for shipping. Meaning everywhere else is around £185 but then £15 - £20 shipping making it £200 - £205 mark. Modelzone has Free Shipping but a slightly higher price and it ends up evening it out

You'll get a waitlist conversion most likely, but feareth not! I am getting the exclusive and if you want I would probably willing to part with my exlcusive pieces. I'm sure there are others on here who would probably willing to do the same.

lol I'm not on the waitlist though. I was just wondering if sideshow will put the item back as waitlist or in stock once they are shipping. As it stands, the item is listed as sold out and not even accepting new waitlist reservations... Can anyone clarify?

here are some lazy shots of my DX11.
These so called "bloggers" semi pro photographers are really starting to piss me off, every time a new figure release all these pros just floods the internet with really good photos with the figure at every pose possible... :gah:
it really sucks and takes a lot of fun out of shooting figures.

148758_10152507461685226_1032419107_n.jpg

542300_10152507460980226_1728389706_n.jpg

67486_10152507461715226_221920230_n.jpg

533832_10152507460990226_979274624_n.jpg

62343_10152507461785226_996783561_n.jpg

555378_10152507461960226_573495446_n.jpg

391886_10152507461820226_1361701476_n.jpg

Those photos rock!!! :rock

lol I'm not on the waitlist though. I was just wondering if sideshow will put the item back as waitlist or in stock once they are shipping. As it stands, the item is listed as sold out and not even accepting new waitlist reservations... Can anyone clarify?

Nobody knows. I'm in the same boat as you.

Sideshow being the exclusive distributor of Hot Toys, and now carrying exclusive items, is a new set of circumstances. It's changed things, and we're not sure how it will play out. It didn't used to be this way 2 years ago.

I didn't pre-order, because it used to be that pre-ordering was a mistake (since it usually would become available for cheaper from someone else within a few months). But like I said, things have changed, so what was once common wisdom may not be so wise anymore. Regardless, nobody can say for sure if the listing will go back up.

Sideshow's exclusivity has REALLY hurt the consumers, by the way, and I'm surprised more people aren't pissed about it. MSRP's have gone up on their own, sure, but it's a lot harder to get good deals on that (at least in the US) ever since Sideshow became the exclusive US distributor.

Sorry you are wrong, I do not care what the statistics or research says, it just depends on the demand of the item, it is that simple.

lol, really? Nobel prizes (and millions in award money) have been given out for research that PROVES what I just said, to people who literally spend their entire LIFETIME studying this subject.

So sorry if I don't put stock in some random message board poster who once had a bad experience selling a book on Ebay and thinks his little anecdote somehow proves something about human behavior.

Let us know when you get your Ph.D. in economics. Until then, learn some humility - you don't know everything.

My friend listed a book on ebay for a buck, I told him u list it on ebay for a buck it will probably only sell for a buck and sure enough it did. It is just like I said all has to do with demand. Hot Toys figures/parts are very sort after which is why they sell for high prices.

Your friend was a moron, because his auction was in competition with a huge market - far more sellers (and supply) than buyers (and demand). So the rules of choice and actors who act in rational self-interest are VERY different. But you are incorrect in believing that those rules and behaviors are ALWAYS the same.

You are right that supply and demand are part of the equation, but they are not ALL of the equation. When the ratio of supply to demand reaches below a certain critical threshold, and when you enter in competition with non-auctioning markets, then the rules and behaviors revert to those which I initially described (and you decried in ignorance).

Which is an entirely different situation than your 1 buck book sale.

I am quitting exclusive:(, so one more will be available for sure.

lol, really? Nobel prizes (and millions in award money) have been given out for research that PROVES what I just said, to people who literally spend their entire LIFETIME studying this subject.

So sorry if I don't put stock in some random message board poster who once had a bad experience selling a book on Ebay and thinks his little anecdote somehow proves something about human behavior.

Let us know when you get your Ph.D. in economics. Until then, learn some humility - you don't know everything.

I would agree to a point that the method works but only if there is a demand for the item!

There is no need for a Ph D in economics it is common sense. If no one is interested in the item it does not matter how low you put the price for it is, it will just not sell.

l Your friend was a moron, because his auction was in competition with a huge market - far more sellers (and supply) than buyers (and demand). So the rules of choice and actors who act in rational self-interest are VERY different. But you are incorrect in believing that those rules and behaviors are ALWAYS the same.

I never said they did, where did you get that idea?

You are right that supply and demand are part of the equation, but they are not ALL of the equation. When the ratio of supply to demand reaches below a certain critical threshold, and when you enter in competition with non-auctioning markets, then the rules and behaviors revert to those which I initially described (and you decried in ignorance).

Which is an entirely different situation than your 1 buck book sale.

I think we misunderstood each other. I meant supply and demand is a prerequisite for items to sell at high prices if u list them at low prices. So I pretty much agree what you are saying now.

Personally I don't see much of Ledger in bank robber Jokers. (The first Joker sculpt by HT I didn't even feel a need to include in the picture)

I use to think there was no likeness to Ledger in the bank Robber sculpt but on certain angles in combination with a different paint job, it is the best likeness to Ledger out of all the Joker sculpts IMO.

2ffffwf9_zpsa01d9747.jpg

20081014011535311_jpg-1_zpse8b82e7f.jpg

Back