Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure wouldn't have been listed for $600+ if people didn't pay it to begin with. If no one buys prices will lower, if they do buy of course prices will stay the same.

I'm a collector and sometimes I have to sell my figures because money gets tight or I'm upgrading to a new figure so I take it to Ebay to sell. But when people offer less than retail for a figure that's going for at least $100-200 more than original price it's insulting. As collectors we all want the best deal we can possibly get and you never know until you ask but offering $150.00 for one of hot toys best that started at $275 is ridiculous.

Look at Hot Toys Davy Jones. That thing is going for way too much over retail. I want one but I'd never pay those crazy Ebay prices. $1000+ for a figure that barely moves? Just crazy.

Then set a fair reasonable price and say firm. if you are getting retail or lower "offers" you only have yourself to blame. IMO asking for offers in the first place is mistake number 1. To me it just comes off as lazy. Selling anything/making money equals work, as a buyer im not here to do your job for you. I bought my dx11 earlier this year, member on here had it listed on ebay for close to 400. i messaged him and said id do 350 paypal. done.

I also find it hilarious when people get upset or pissed about offers if asked if theyre negotiable. Theyll even stop responding or go from being negotiable to not anymore. I start every communication by asking if someones negotiable, no matter what price they have listed (high or low). Buyers arent here to pay your bills, we want something you happen to have and we want the best price possible. If all of this sounds too tedious to you or your feelings are going to get hurt, just take it to ebay, save us both time and energy.

Just curious, what's the approximate price difference between the normal and exclusive figures, brand new and sealed? My exclusive was delivered today and I paid a shocking amount of money for it, but will probably never use the exclusive stuff. No regrets though because it's hand down the best figure I own and was always the grail I was after since I started collecting, but some of the prices being thrown around aren't in the same ballpark as to what I paid. I can only guess it's because it was new/sealed and the exclusive that it cost so much. I couldn't find another cheaper.

I sell quite a bit in the 1/6 BST groups on Facebook, and what I hate the most are the posts that have no set price. "Offers welcome, PM for info". If they say that or have only stock pictures, I scroll right on by.

Yes. Something long sold out and no longer made and is in demand should be sold for cost.

:lol :rotfl
:lecture
Yeah, and the person who bought it at cost years ago is wrong (a bad guy) to sell it now for more than they paid for it.
Jesus.. the kids on here need to do some weekend work.
:lol

I'm a collector and sometimes I have to sell my figures because money gets tight or I'm upgrading to a new figure so I take it to Ebay to sell. But when people offer less than retail for a figure that's going for at least $100-200 more than original price it's insulting. As collectors we all want the best deal we can possibly get and you never know until you ask but offering $150.00 for one of hot toys best that started at $275 is ridiculous.

this, exactly! I was recently offered 200$ shipped (on this forum) for a new 1/4 scale Enterbay Joker. It's going for around 1K on eBay, so who's the fool in that transaction? :lol

agree, scalpers in all forms are obvious and its always entertaining to see an actual collector try and interact with one and you know already know what the outcome is going to be lol. if you want to get paid for doing nothing than just take it to ebay already and put the people with hope out of their misery already.

Bollox. You can sell on here to collectors for a reasonable (less than eBay) prices and both parties are the better for it.
Calling sellers who are asking more than cost "scalpers" (when the item is selling for crazy eBay prices) is just immature and juvenile.

if you can sell something for $600 instead of $300, WHY THE **** NOT?

I don't know you BRUH. This is how the market works.

these darn snoozers with their entitlement. BACK IN MY DAY....

Bollox. You can sell on here to collectors for a reasonable (less than eBay) prices and both parties are the better for it.
Calling sellers who are asking more than cost "scalpers" (when the item is selling for crazy eBay prices) is just immature and juvenile.

There's a difference between asking for "more than cost" and asking for *four times* the cost, which is the example I mentioned, based on some ebay buy it now listings I've seen. Hopefully Hot Toys makes another Ledger Joker so all the people scalping the DX11 can find some other way to put their kids through college.

There's a difference between asking for "more than cost" and asking for *four times* the cost, which is the example I mentioned, based on some ebay buy it now listings I've seen. Hopefully Hot Toys makes another Ledger Joker so all the people scalping the DX11 can find some other way to put their kids through college.

ever hear of current cost? what something is selling for at this point in time? it's all about supply versus demand. People want it and there is a small supply it will sell for more money. that's not scalping, it's common sense.

Scalping is trying to charge crazy prices for a new or current release. And not sure what kind of kids you (obviously) don't have but good luck putting them through college for 700$.

:lol

Meh, I just want a new 1/6 Ledger Joker. I was never that happy with DX11. The accessories were cool but the coat and headsculpt were both pretty weak IMO.

Until HT make another Ledger....DX11 will continue to go for crazy prices. Spending $350 to 400 for a figure already making me feel uncomfortable. This hobby is not getting any cheaper and will eventually drive me out. Enjoy while i can i guess.

Until HT make another Ledger....DX11 will continue to go for crazy prices. Spending $350 to 400 for a figure already making me feel uncomfortable. This hobby is not getting any cheaper and will eventually drive me out. Enjoy while i can i guess.

Yeah no matter how desirable a figure might be, $300 is still about my limit. So I think I'll just have to take my chances with one of those custom CGL outfits and heads that are available instead. I know it won't be the same high quality and will probably take a bit of extra work to make look right, but it'll at least mean having a Ledger Joker on my shelf finally.

Back