Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely agree. The sculpt does need improvement. I would take a 3.0. I also would like the jacket to fit a little better

And don't forget dat rooted hair.
brandsonsale-store_2271_2929482904

They never made a 1/6 bazooka for the truck chase scene. Throw that in too.

Right, I think we've got enough justification for a new release. Slap a $275 price tag on it and off to the factory we go!

He needs Brian Douglas' Batman mask as an EX accessory. :lol
Seriously though, I'm surprised they never made the bazooka. I didn't realize they never had until you brought it up.

I'd like to see them bring back the grenade rig. I tried finding one to put in my DX11's coat, but the price for them parted out on ebay is atrocious. Same with the DX02's backpack, but thankfully there were custom replacements for that.

The other thing to remember about Ledger's Joker is that unlike a hero character, there are a million different new facial expressions Hot Toys could try with a version 3.0 headsculpt. Have we seen his most "iconic" facial expression yet? Can we even agree on what it should be? Who knows? For this reason alone Ledger's Joker lends himself to new headsculpts more than a character like Captain America would.

I would much prefer to see a new Ledger Joker each year versus multiple Iron Man armies that had two seconds of screen time in the corner of a room or even Captain America variations for that matter...the difference is that there are new movies featuring these characters being churned out at a fairly steady pace to stoke the general public interest...there is probably an accountant who does not collect 1/6 scale working for Hot Toys that is helping them to devil what to produce for public consumption that is looking at this...case in point we almost have as many Leto Jokers announced as we have Ledger Jokers produced...

If in 2 years when TDK hits it ten year anniversary there is a general zeitgeist in the pop culture community that suddenly sees EVERYONE clamoring for a resurgence, similar to what has happened with the Alien films with multiple companies suddenly jumping on the band wagon and making it a "thing" then I could see a new Ledger Joker coming...otherwise, I am not getting my hopes up...I feel like maybe in 20 years the world will be ready to seriously dive back into the amazing Nolan Batman films...new Ledger Joker then maybe...? Hopefully in two years this post will be rubbed in my face when Hot Toys announces the 3.0 Ledger Joker...I will be happy to have been proven wrong and will pre-order sight unseen...but I don't know...

When the alternative is yet another blinged up goon, they'll return to Ledger at some point. Although I would prefer 1/6, I could see them doing a 1/4 Joker.

I'm looking for a loose DX11 body/clothes. Please pm me if you have one!
d9663020510001d5ae745cbc8d9d871a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am in total disbelief that these are selling (not being listed) on ebay for $700-$800! just unbelievable!

Just from routine searches for random Hot Toys items on Ebay I feel like DX11 is regularly selling for more than just about any other Hot Toys item...to your point you always see crazy prices but this piece is unique in that it regularly seems to sell for the crazy prices...which I guess will keep the price crazy...

I have a hard time calling that the Joker. I didn't like him at all, but at the same time I feel like there wasn't enough to properly judge.

Yeah he didn't make much of an impression on me either, but to be fair very little about the movie worked for me so it's probably too early to judge properly.

I suspect if it were Nolan directing Leto as the Joker in TDK he would have made a much bigger impact, but of course Ledger got there first and was just SO brilliant and original that it would be hard for anybody to top.

Back