HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

That's just not true. I'm sure that Void cares, too :lol

Bingo. :lol

Though if I were to prioritize the 'changes' i'd like
1. Make cowl lines more accurate in shape, and make them 'softer'
2. Fix the Bat symbol head

AND THEN

3. Make the torso slightly wider, to improve the proportion and also allow for those accurate gaps.
4. Fix sculpt on Kevlar collar bone pieces

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Bingo. :lol

Though if I were to prioritize the 'changes' i'd like
1. Make cowl lines more accurate in shape, and make them 'softer'
2. Fix the Bat symbol head

AND THEN

3. Make the torso slightly wider, to improve the proportion and also allow for those accurate gaps.
4. Fix sculpt on Kevlar collar bone pieces

No new gauntlets?! :thud:

I'd really like to see those. They look much more sleeker with the gloves tucked in.

It'd be sweet if somebody had something better than what looks like a first gen iPhone to snap a picture.

No new gauntlets?! :thud:

I'd really like to see those. They look much more sleeker with the gloves tucked in.

That would be number 5 for me because I'm fairly confident that can be customized more easily than the other points :lol

A quick question--are there major differences between the boots on this figure/character and the Begins suit Batman?

194910_10151902874265597_1798407180_o.jpg

Here's a higher resolution copy from Hot Toys' Facebook. Doesn't even look like the same head and mouth as the promo photos; the eyes appear smaller, there's separation between the mask and his face under the mask, and the mouth has no hint of smirk to it.

Here's the other two photos:

169313_10151902875565597_501467960_o.jpg

288117_10151902874825597_451527163_o.jpg

God knows what was wrong with those official shots :lol I always prefer in hand shots to the promo shots to some extent but, never this much :lol

The more I'm seeing that, the more I'm thinking that is a different mouth. Now that I've posted that, of course, I'm sure we'll find out it is the same.

God knows what was wrong with those official shots :lol I always prefer in hand shots to the promo shots to some extent but, never this much :lol

I'm thinking lighting. Seems they had a light directly on his face to highlight the details which made the eyes 'pop'

I'm not convinced the eyes themselves are the right shape still, but if under normal lighting they look as deep set and dark as these display window shots, I won't care so much.

I'm thinking lighting. Seems they had a light directly on his face to highlight the details which made the eyes 'pop'

Yeah, even under certain lighting the medi cowl can look too defined.

P1000206.jpg

Are they? The new material looks like vinyl or something, I thought this time HT went the Medi way.

I thought the question was are the 1:1 Begins boots the same as the TDK ones. Yes they are.

The DX12 boots are definitely an upgrade from all other HT boots. Look even better than the medi ones :lecture

I thought the question was are the 1:1 Begins boots the same as the TDK ones. Yes they are.

The DX12 boots are definitely an upgrade from all other HT boots. Look even better than the medi ones :lecture

Right, the boots sure are a major upgrade. I may be wrong, but the new ones look a little too long, as in right up to the knee, leaving no space between the knee and the shins. At least it seems like that in some of the pics. Is the suit like that?

194910_10151902874265597_1798407180_o.jpg

Here's a higher resolution copy from Hot Toys' Facebook. Doesn't even look like the same head and mouth as the promo photos; the eyes appear smaller, there's separation between the mask and his face under the mask, and the mouth has no hint of smirk to it.

Here's the other two photos:

169313_10151902875565597_501467960_o.jpg

288117_10151902874825597_451527163_o.jpg

Man, I didnt think it would be possible, but I gotta say, this Bruce Wayne sculpt is better than Adam's. This might be Hot Toys best headsculpt yet.
Seriously blown away by this headsculpt.
I'm also quite happy with the cowl and the neck. Those were my two biggest concern from updating my dx02.
But I must say, that although this is closest to replicating the actual suit, aesthetically, from the neck down, I still like the dx02 body better.
Although its rigid, I think it looks closest to the full scale.
On several pics posted of the actual suit, unless it was noted, I have to look to see if its the actual or the dx02 body.
The dx12 though is better in replicating the mechanics of the actual suit and being capable of dynamic poses.
The belt looks amazing also. The dx02's belt still look too toyish for me.
And although I never use any of these bulky dx bases, I'm gonna have to find room for this one. I actually do love the base.
Overall, this is the best batman figure yet.

Looks amazing :-o

Back