HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

suit, aesthetically, from the neck down, I still like the dx02 body better.
Although its rigid, I think it looks closest to the full scale.
On several pics posted of the actual suit, unless it was noted, I have to look to see if its the actual or the dx02 body.
The dx12 though is better in replicating the mechanics of the actual suit and being capable of dynamic poses.
The belt looks amazing also. The dx02's belt still look too toyish for me.
And although I never use any of these bulky dx bases, I'm gonna have to find room for this one. I actually do love the base.
Overall, this is the best batman figure yet.

I can see MAYBE liking the torso on the DX02 better aesthetically. But the chest armour, the arms, the legs, the boots...all of them are far more accurate than the DX02.

But you're entitled to your opinion of course :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Right, the boots sure are a major upgrade. I may be wrong, but the new ones look a little too long, as in right up to the knee, leaving no space between the knee and the shins. At least it seems like that in some of the pics. Is the suit like that?

Yeah there should be a tiny gap there, so it's possible the boots are too long or the leg proportions are slightly off.

Yeah, from the neck down, I just favor the dx02's look slightly better. I never really had any issues with it aside from the neck and cowl. Well, and the toyish belt.
Then again, that may all change once I have this figure in hand.
But with all the positive qualities this figure have, this is a must have figure.

I sitll think the biggest, and best, change is the black color of the mesh. It darkens the whole look for the better. The DX02 had a sliverish or greyish tone to the "mesh" parts -- which made for a brighter suit.

batman-dx_backstage_2.jpg

194910_10151902874265597_1798407180_o.jpg

That jet black background behind the armor makes all the difference in the world. I think that alone -- even if they'd used the same structure for the armor, etc. -- would've been a gamechanger to the overall look.

SnakeDoc

I think it looks a lot more matte-ish and less shiny, which helps. Liking this, only passing because I collect 1/4

I sitll think the biggest, and best, change is the black color of the mesh. It darkens the whole look for the better. The DX02 had a sliverish or greyish tone to the "mesh" parts -- which made for a brighter suit.

batman-dx_backstage_2.jpg

194910_10151902874265597_1798407180_o.jpg

That jet black background behind the armor makes all the difference in the world. I think that alone -- even if they'd used the same structure for the armor, etc. -- would've been a gamechanger to the overall look.

SnakeDoc

Interesting you say that as I was thinking the exact opposite. I feel it looks too dark behind the armour plates and needs to be more grey-like, similar to the legs.

Is the belt metal? Definitely looks shinier than the DX and MMS versions.

SnakeDoc

The Christian Bale headsculpt is awesomeeeeeeeee.. I'm glad I pre-ordered this :yess:

I wonder where the SDCC pics of the DC stuff are?

Interesting you say that as I was thinking the exact opposite. I feel it looks too dark behind the armour plates and needs to be more grey-like, similar to the legs.

the-dark-knight-got-milk.jpg

The black looks right to me. The armor plates should stand out against the black mesh.

SnakeDoc

I know preview night *technically* hasn't started yet, but people are already seeing pics of the Marvel stuff.

the-dark-knight-got-milk.jpg

The black looks right to me. The armor plates should stand out against the black mesh.

SnakeDoc

Yes and I definatley agree but that picture you have posted shows that the 'mesh' undersuit is not black, it is greyish/metallic.

they are?? weird

Yes and I definatley agree but that picture you have posted shows that the 'mesh' undersuit is not black, it is greyish/metallic.

Looks black to me, its just made of a material that reflects light. I don't think its metallic colored. Look at the mesh on his legs where the bright light is blocked a bit, and there's less reflection. Black as night.

SnakeDoc

I see your point. Doesn't really look like that in practice, though. In those pictures, the black mesh is fully see-through. He has to be wearing black spandex or something under the suit ... otherwise, you'd see skin through the mesh. Maybe that changes the look ... maybe its the combination of that and the shadows cast by the armor.

SnakeDoc

Back