Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
So with the full unveiling of the first MMS DX figure from HT (which is basically an all over upgraded V1 Joker plus a Cop Joker figure) I'm wondering what collectors are thinking about this development.

On the one hand I'm excited about the idea of finer materials, movable eyes and just all around better figures. However, part of me is worried that a lot of the HT figures I already own (or are currently on pre-order) will see later upgrade releases which would mean a) I would want a new one and b) the one I already own won't resell for squat.

So what are you all thinking? Good, bad, don't really care :huh

And an example of what the first release comes with in case you weren't aware:

MMSDXJoker1.jpg

Don't like it. Get it right the 1st time please.....
I wouldn't mind so much if a DX releases 2-3 years after the MMS version, but less than a year??

Posted this in the other thread:

Love the direction Hot Toys is taking :rock

Year after year now for at least 3 years Hot Toys has constantly one upped itself. All this only increases my respect for Hot Toys. Any company willing to strive so far with products like Robo Cop, the Powerloader, Iron Man, the Batmobile ect., and now this you have to applaud!

Complacency within a company leads to stale releases and ultimately alienates its fans. Amazing to see a company work so hard to move forward and push the boundaries of what we all thought was possible in the 1/6 medium.

:clap :clap :clap

What a fine time to be a collector of 1/6 scale products!

I love it, I don't care if they go back and redo Iron Man this way, innovation is innovation. Bring it all on.

While it is a bit disappointing for those of us who have the other two Jokers, this does appear to be the "bees knees" as it were of Joker figures. I have one pre-ordered and will anxiously await its release and arrival on my doorstep.

Those who get the 1st Joker will feel like killing themselves now :mad:

I don't see it affecting out HT collections much, most of the figures they have created are damn good. The first Joker did have some major issues and could use that upgrade. BD T800 could use a update as can Rambo II and First Blood figures. The rest I am happy with.

Now this could affect future purchases if a figure that is coming out could get this special treatment later.

Any company that doesn't move forwards inevitably moves backwards. The fact that HT is going to such innovative lengths to please collectors only promises a fine outlook for people like us for years to come. The Joker is an excellent way to usher in MMS DX! :clap

Those who get the 1st Joker will feel like killing themselves now :mad:

Not true. I'll simply keep the BR head with the sloppy paint on my V1 body and remove the overcoats as in the interrogation scene. I think most collectors (we nutty ones who insist on getting every version of the Joker they make) will probably take this route.

Looks great. If I liked the movie I'd be thrilled - a definitive Joker and a bunch of extras I could sell to recoup some cost. Other than the moving eyes, isn't this basically the same thing they did with Clark/Supes?

I love it, even if this particular release is another Joker to have blocking up my shelf. I can at least make my other one an interrogation room Joker now.

One thing that is fantastic about these new heads is the eyes, as a painter that has me very excited. I can repaint heads and not have to worry about the eyes, and not have a fixed position either! That's exciting.

And higher quality is nice, especially when the price doesn't jump up as high as I thought it would. For a quality figure of an iconic character, it's worth it. I wouldn't buy them for every character, but for the right ones... this is really a step up.

I love it, I don't care if they go back and redo Iron Man this way, innovation is innovation. Bring it all on.

Any company that doesn't move forwards inevitably moves backwards. The fact that HT is going to such innovative lengths to please collectors only promises a fine outlook for people like us for years to come.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I really wish they'd do this with older figures like the Colonial Marines, Ripley, I'd even buy another Cap'n Jack with rolling eyes ability.

It kinda sucks for those that already have the two previous versions, GREAT for those like me that skipped both. :D

I love how progressive Hot Toys is, they are never satisfied with their work and they are always looking for new ways and methods to improve their products and that is to be commended.

Hot Toys IMO sits alone atop the 1/6 world.

Wow, Im very impressed with the innovation with the moving eyes and the awesome headsculpts. It does kind of suck that I had already bought the V1 Joker and a year later they release this much improved version BUT I love that Hot Toys just keeps getting better and better. If we all would have known we would have all waited for this release to come out but its like buying a computer these days. You think your buying the "best" one and a month later, not even a year, they come up with a faster more powerful computer. If Hot Toys did New releases with the new eye technology I think it would be cool if they had a seperate line just for Heads. In otherwords they can release the New figure with the whole body accessories etc. But can also have a seperate line to just purchase only the updated Head. I don't know how possible that would be instead of going to ebay etc. Anyway, I will definitely pick this one up :)

Back