Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I don't see much of an upgrade that deserves the 'deluxe' moniker. Yes, I notice the texture of the purple coat. But the shirt and tie actually look a bit worse in these pictures compared to V1.

Posted this in the other thread:

Love the direction Hot Toys is taking :rock

Year after year now for at least 3 years Hot Toys has constantly one upped itself. All this only increases my respect for Hot Toys. Any company willing to strive so far with products like Robo Cop, the Powerloader, Iron Man, the Batmobile ect., and now this you have to applaud!

Complacency within a company leads to stale releases and ultimately alienates its fans. Amazing to see a company work so hard to move forward and push the boundaries of what we all thought was possible in the 1/6 medium.

:clap :clap :clap

What a fine time to be a collector of 1/6 scale products!

:lecture Exactly.

I bought V1 and loved it. Still do.

I bought BR Joker, not just because of the extra V1 head either, and love it too.

I'll buy Cop Joker. He looks great. The MMS DX Joker upgrades are a 1 inch thick icing on the cake and I can't wait to see what other figures they apply it to. :rock

Nice idea, but probably still a pass for me since I have the 1st Joker and still want a BR Joker and a Two-Face. I would love to see them rework Rambo from First Blood to make it more Stallone-like and the Terminator stuff could use a blast Ahnold awesomeness. "DX" usually translates into more $$$, so I'm curious to see how this thing prices out.

It really seems that overall this should be a good thing. I do wonder if we'll see an upgraded Hicks or other Marines? It would be awesome if we could even see a T1 BD Terminator with Arnold likeness.

I hope they show the base soon, very curious what that will look like. To me this seems like Enterbay took a step forward with their Bruce Lee figures, and now HT has matched a raised them.

I keep forgetting about the base. Usually light up features don't interest me much, especially if they involve a price hike.

I'm wondering if it will be a cut-out Bat shape (kind of like the shelf you did) with a light behind it... or something else?

I have no problems revisiting any figure and upgrading to a deluxe version.

If I collect the line and I enjoy the figure, I would buy it. If I do not collect the line, I would pass.

I am hoping they revist older lines such as Rambo with a fourth installment figure in addition to new lines like battle damaged IM, Dutch, Terminator etc. I can see so many nice avenues for them to pursue.

I am definitely down with this since I don't have v1 Joker. Now I can get get a TT and slap the clothes on there and I will be all set. WOOT!

I really wish they'd do this with older figures like the Colonial Marines, Ripley, I'd even buy another Cap'n Jack with rolling eyes ability.

Oh I agree! The reason I brought up Iron Man is because I have multiples of that one figure, I have 2 Mark 3s, 3 Mark 2s coming and 2 Mark 1s and even spending that much if they came out with a DLX Iron Man in any form I'd get it without fail.

Honestly, I don't see much of an upgrade that deserves the 'deluxe' moniker. Yes, I notice the texture of the purple coat. But the shirt and tie actually look a bit worse in these pictures compared to V1.

• Better tailored clothing
  • More accurate coloring of them
  • Two full detailed and complex costumings
  • Two completely different Headsculpts not just expression changes
  • Light Up base
  • One portrait with MOVEABLE eyes

I'd say that's deluxe enough for me.

I love this new direction they are taking! I am wondering what this will mean for future DX releases though, will it always consist of a certain character with two outfits and headsculpts so you can swap them out?

I have to say that I appreciate the steps HT continues to take to make the best possible products. But since I already have the first two Jokers, I wish they had started this a year ago. :lol

Justin, if you don't think anything they showed was a improvement, I think you just need to move on to real 1:1 screen used movie props and forget about toys.

Like any company, they are there to exploit the chumps amongst us...They dont care about the 'fans' They saw $$$ and are exploiting it to the max...
The quality of the product is unquestionable as is their standing in this field, their business strategy however is a slap in the face...^^^^ it though i'm gettin it regardless!:slap:monkey2

Like any company, they are there to exploit the chumps amongst us...They dont care about the 'fans' They saw $$$ and are exploiting it to the max...The quality of the product is unquestionable as is their standing in this field, their business strategy however is a slap in the face...^^^^ it though i'm gettin it regardless!:slap:monkey2

Here is the catch-22, if they did this with another figure completely different even if it were another TDK character not done before (The upgrades I mean, movable eyes, light up base) people would be screaming about why couldn't they do this with The Joker.

If they provided clothing to the next MMS which was more screen accurate and better tailored people would be screaming why couldn't they do with The Joker.

Considering that the figure was to be released anyway and all of this are just upgrades I don't see the mortal sin here. If you have a Joker v1, for $30 more you can completely change around that figure which is less than many were paying for a BRJ headsculpt on eBay.

It's nice!

But I personally think they should keep specific figures to this line. For example in the future I don't think they should make a John Connor and then later release a DX John Connor. The DX line should be saved for very important or popular characters. That way you get it all in one amazing package.

Back