Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you imagine any of the Predators with moveable eyes? That'd be awesome! :rock

that what I'm scared of and its put me off buying anything.

I know.......see I like to think they did this with the Joker because they have been trying to improve or create the "perfect" Joker since V1. They ^^^^ed up V1, and V2 had the headsculpt nailed but he wasn't in his iconic clothing. So HT finally made it happen, you get the great headsculpt with the iconic clothing.....but they probably felt releasing just that figure was not enough to sell it, so they created this DX line.

Now as I said, I hope this is only a case with the Joker because I can understand it. Let's hope they don't do this with a lot of upcoming popular figures. Or else as you said, i'll be scared to buy any of their figures. The DX line should be reserved for select characters from now on.

Bring on updated Colonial Marines!

I second that. I would love for them to update some of the more popular and harder to find figures. Paying $800+ for a Hicks is ridiculous. I understand the fact that the collectors who already own the first release are going to be unhappy because of the price they paid for them or whatever but that is life in the collecting world. As long as you own the figure and are happy with it then why should anyone care if they re-release a figure for others to enjoy as well.

If it keeps Hot Toys making figures and it keeps collectors buying them, I say re-make lots of figures Hot Toys!

As for this Joker figure, I'm definitely buying this. Such a vast improvement over the first Joker release. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger and get one recently.

I have a pretty good feeling a "DX" figure will mean the end of a line. So you will have a complete line and then a "DX" figure or two to close it out. I remember when Jakks Pacific made a Rocky 1-6 line they closed it out with a "Best Of" series but really it was both a way to make more money and possibly improve or give a different variation to the eager collector or to the collector that missed out the first time around.

I'm sure if you dig deep you will see similar trends in most of the "toy" industry.

I am all for it btw!

I have a pretty good feeling a "DX" figure will mean the end of a line. So you will have a complete line and then a "DX" figure or two to close it out. I remember when Jakks Pacific made a Rocky 1-6 line they closed it out with a "Best Of" series but really it was both a way to make more money and possibly improve or give a different variation to the eager collector or to the collector that missed out the first time around.

That seems fair enough.

I think the DX figure is a great way to end a line. A top notch finale seems like a great idea to me. This last Joker is amazing and a beautiful way to (possibly) end the TDK line.

I think it's a great idea. I am so excited to see what's next. I am hoping and praying to see a T-800 from T1 with Schwarzenegger's likeness, and a great, fully accurate Corporal Hicks. There seems to be a lot of demand for them. It is possible. Come on Hot Toys...make it happen.

Based on the fact that all indications were that Two Face was the last figure offered from the TDK line and that the Cop Joker originally was rumored to be Blister Exclusive I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last figure and a way to go out with a bang.

I'm sure if you dig deep you will see similar trends in most of the "toy" industry.

I am all for it btw!

Interesting theory... although I'd still like to get a DX version up front so I can decide what else I'll buy :lol

MMS DX 02 = TDK Batman HK
MMS DX 03 = Jack Sparrow
MMS DX 03 = T2 Arnold
MMS DX 04 = T-1000
MMS DX 05 = Predator (moving eyes + mandibles)

MMS DX 06 = Max Rockatansky (Mad Max & The Road Warrior outfits/sculpts)
MMS DX 07 = The Terminator (Technoir and Police Station outfits/sculpts)
MMS DX 08 = Conan (Barbarian and Destroyer outfits)
MMS DX 09 = Spiderman (Blue/Red and Black/white outfits)
MMS DX 10 = John Rambo IV (clean and bloody outfits calm/angry sculpts)

What you'll probably have is people seeing a line going with multiple characters and wait it out to see what the DX is (if there is one). Of course if one doesn't surface you'll see a lot of people paying premiums on the secondary market because they sat out.

HOLY ^^^^!!!! DO WE SHARE THE SAME BRAIN??????? :lol Nice!!!

I'm loving the idea of that possibility!

that what I'm scared of and its put me off buying anything.

I understand the reluctance to pull the trigger when money is a concern. Which one will be a Dlx which one will not be a Dlx. Who knows?

Ultimately, these are toys not investments. I'll buy what I like and pass on the others. No way do I want to pass on all the goodies HT is delivering..:D

DX07 - yeah, DX08 - hell yeah, DX10 - were is the po :lol

I understand the reluctance to pull the trigger when money is a concern. Which one will be a Dlx which one will not be a Dlx. Who knows?

Ultimately, these are toys not investments. I'll buy what I like and pass on the others. No way do I want to pass on all the goodies HT is delivering..:D

Not investments for me either, but I don't want 3x versions of the same character. I want one definitive version. I like the DX idea... but it will put me off buying the 1st version now. I will always wait to see now.

I love HT but I don't trust them.

The trust comment still makes me laugh. In reality the "Superstar" of the line will get the DX and no one can deny that The Joker was the superstar of TDK.

All awesome suggestions.

Back