1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, even the Deluxe R2 with lights and sound and dozens of attachments only cost $242.

For that price I can definitely live with my SS Jawas, and the Gonk has never been a must have for me anyway.

Yeah, the gradually increasing price on these things only helps make it easier to pass more these days than buy, and for me to be more selective on what it is I get.

I at one time contemplated getting the SSC Jawas, but ultimately decided I could live without Jawas in my SW collection. Even had I gotten them, I probably would just stick with those.

Gutted. This and wicket were things I felt interested in but simply not at the price

I have a custom gonk and a modified Hasbro Jawa that I wouldn?t mind updating but not at220quid.
Wicket looks so cool as well but again just getting too pricey for a third tier character

The only reason I can think why this is so much is the fact that it?s a set that may not sell in big numbers so they?re feeling out how many people really want it at this price.

It?s a double edged sword because if this doesn?t sell well then we may not get more of these creature packs. Who really wants to pay $267 for a single Jawa and a Gonk though? If it was two Jawas and Gonk then maybe.

Yeah, it does suck that the lack of POs will only convince HT incorrectly that "creatures" don't sell. There goes Greedo, Tusken Raider, Weequay, Ree-Yees, Nute Gunray... I doubt Kit Fisto will sell any better with the new "tariff" pricing... if he's even ever offered now.

BTW, I never realized that the GONK droid was so small.

Yeah, the gradually increasing price on these things only helps make it easier to pass more these days than buy

Its already happened to me. Just received my Darth Maul which is my first HT figure this year. My last was regular Palpatine in Dec 2018. That's how much I cut down.

Wow why is this so expensive? That price is insane for what?s included. As much as I want it I have to pass or at least wait until I accumulate enough rewards points to knock it down considerably.

$270 is totally insane for this release. Maybe it's the Trump tax (can't imagine that would add more than maybe $20 though and not sure if that's in play at this point though) but I just don't know who would pay that for something as minimal as a single Jawa and the least visually interesting droid to have a Kenner fig made of it.

Yeah, it does suck that the lack of POs will only convince HT incorrectly that "creatures" don't sell. There goes Greedo, Tusken Raider, Weequay, Ree-Yees, Nute Gunray... I doubt Kit Fisto will sell any better with the new "tariff" pricing... if he's even ever offered now.

BTW, I never realized that the GONK droid was so small.

The bigger question is how many people would buy a Weequay at $270? It seems the answer to the strange pricing on this is that they make non-main characters (that aren't troop builders) in much smaller numbers so the price has to be a major bump higher. I can't see any other way that this release is so high price-wise.

It's a new body yes, but there's no headsculpt (at all - not even a non-human one,) a fairly simple outfit, Hasbro-4"-fig type electronics and the second figure is not much more than an accessory along the lines of molding complexity of HT Yoda's base.

It'll be really interesting to see what the pricing is on Fisto - if it gets a PO.

Yeah, the gradually increasing price on these things only helps make it easier to pass more these days than buy, and for me to be more selective on what it is I get.

I at one time contemplated getting the SSC Jawas, but ultimately decided I could live without Jawas in my SW collection. Even had I gotten them, I probably would just stick with those.

This price is ridiculous. I'm curious to see what the price will be on the next Hot Toy full figure pre-order. If these absurd prices are to be the norm, it may be the final nail on the coffin for me, on this hobby. It has already been crazy expensive but it has officially entered the crazy zone.

SilverStar, my SS Jawas were a floppy mess but once I got one of Cocoloboboy's custom stands, it made a huge difference.

Beyond price, its equally strange that the estimated arrival date is only months away. Did HT already have these scheduled for production? I mean, a 4-7 month window for them is completely new.

If they decided on a high price because they thought not so many will order, then why didn't they choose increasing the production number, cutting the cost and selling more.
Anyway, it's their company, and money is ours.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

I guess price is set by the manufacturer but value depends on the collector. Not sure these are for me just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm willing to pay $100 for the power droid if someone only wants the Jawa for $167.:dunno

Beyond price, its equally strange that the estimated arrival date is only months away. Did HT already have these scheduled for production? I mean, a 4-7 month window for them is completely new.

Wow didn't notice that short release window - another really strange twist in 1/6. I wonder what that means? Did they plan not to release it, then suddenly changed their minds? Did SSC exiting SW 1/6 impact the decision somehow?

The sudden and short release windows for SSC Jabba and SSC Yoda V2 were related to SSC losing the license, yet HT doesn't seem in any danger of doing that, so not sure what could have triggered that.

Wow, even the Deluxe R2 with lights and sound and dozens of attachments only cost $242.

For that price I can definitely live with my SS Jawas, and the Gonk has never been a must have for me anyway.

That made me think of how people think the R5 might come with the other Jawa. An R5 droid is really close to R2, without all the gadgets. A HT R5 alone would be almost $200, so if they did an R5+Jawa set it'd be over $300 I bet.

Gutted. This and wicket were things I felt interested in but simply not at the price

I have a custom gonk and a modified Hasbro Jawa that I wouldn?t mind updating but not at220quid.
Wicket looks so cool as well but again just getting too pricey for a third tier character

How is the Hasbro Jawa? I'd seen it on eBay when I was searching for the Sideshow ones, for $25 might be worth checking out, the outfit looked crappy but what I expect.

$270 is totally insane for this release. Maybe it's the Trump tax (can't imagine that would add more than maybe $20 though and not sure if that's in play at this point though) but I just don't know who would pay that for something as minimal as a single Jawa and the least visually interesting droid to have a Kenner fig made of it.

I thought it might be tariffs, but people said the HK price was the same as Pennywise, so it's as pricey there as it is here with no tariffs.

Wow didn't notice that short release window - another really strange twist in 1/6. I wonder what that means? Did they plan not to release it, then suddenly changed their minds? Did SSC exiting SW 1/6 impact the decision somehow?

Yeah, weird, right? I find it stranger than the price increase actually.

I wonder if its a typo -- and its meant to be Q1 2021... which would be more in keeping with HTs typical schedule.

I actually thought this was a fair price. Limited use body types. 134.00 each isn’t bad in my book.

It feels like a $219-$239 piece for me, tops.

The extra $28 is not huge... but if you have to add tax and shipping then you get to $300. For a Jawa and a Gonk.

Back