Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine Sideshow will get the most being they are partnered with HT and sharing the license. As long as your by a comp when it goes up for preorder you shouldnt have a problem scoring one. You guys need to stop :panic: ing

I'll be 10,000 feet in the air if/when this goes live during Thursday newsletter. That's why I'm hoping toys2 does get some.

I would imagine Sideshow will get the most being they are partnered with HT and sharing the license. As long as your by a comp when it goes up for preorder you shouldnt have a problem scoring one. You guys need to stop :panic: ing

I work 3PM-12AM shifts. I'm almost never home when the newsletter hits.

Really? And I'm being serious, but how does that work and how much does that cost?

I'm not sure really, I've never used it. I've been fine with the free wi-fi in airports. It may be free or it may cost something (what doesn't on airlines these days?). Check your airline's website, it probably has the info you need there.

I can only imagine what that T-1000 extra headsculpt is going to fetch on Ebay.

I know it's been mentioned heaps before but what an awesome strategy Hot Toys have come up with, packing a head in that so iconically belongs to another figure and should be included with that figure.:gah::thud:

Hot Toys are really good at generating market hype. Not including the head with the MMS129 was genius. :lol

Not saying this will happen, but wouldn't it be cool if HT ended up including the donut head with the regular T-1000 because of all the outcry?

It's not impossible.

Wonder how many people are only buying this figure for the donut head sculpt?

I would get this figure even if it didn't come with the extra head.

The question for me is who will get their stock first? Sideshow or Toys2? If I were to order one from Sideshow for safety sake I'd rather have Toys2 get the figure first so I could cancel my one order with Sideshow.

So far, Sideshow's been first to ship or same time for both with the T2 line, I don't see Toys2 ever being ahead with this line, but you never know.

Toys2 and BBTS must have a pretty good idea that they are getting some (even if they don't know how much). Those aren't companies that historically put pre-orders up that they don't think they will fulfill (even if BBTS made a mistake in listing too many today). As for whether it will be a handful or a bucketful, that's complete speculation at this point.

And like I said--you know Sideshow is getting it. You don't know that you'll be able to get a pre-order in. So, the riskier move is putting all your eggs in the Sideshow basket. Even if there is a small chance BBTS or Toys2 will get their pre-orders in, placing a no-cost pre-order increases the probability of getting the figure for a sub-eBay cost. That's really not a debatable point, because it's basic logic. Putting all your eggs in the BBTS basket might be more risky, but I'm not arguing that.

I would say Toys2 is probably a safe bet, they seem to have a relationship with Hot Toys beyond just placing orders for stock so they may have arranged to get some of the HK inventory or something. As far as BBTS, I think it's a crapshoot, I want to say I've read reports at this site of people placing orders with them to have them cancelled that there wasn't enough to fulfill them, and no I'm not thinking of Go Hastings, who I know for sure has done this, but I swear I've read it happening with BBTS before.

As for the personal feuding brewing in here, it stops now, since the players are the same from other threads I've had to warn repeatedly lately, no more warnings, from here on out you're getting infracted so choose your words wisely.

I'm hoping Toys2 comes through, Eric seems like a pretty stand up guy and from everything I've read here seems 'in the know' about this stuff more then other stores. I'm still going to try for an order with sideshow just to protect my interest just for the fact I want a clean terminator 2 line as well as a damaged one.

Looks like DiFabio has missed this round too, though I know he was only looking for the T-1000 head.

DAMN.

:impatient:

A guy goes away for a few days and THIS happens.

Thank goodness it wasn't sideshow though. I just about ____ my pants when I came on today. I've been gone for two days and I came back this morning and saw all these posts. I thought Sideshow put the figure up on preorder already and it sold out. I guess BBTS and/or Toys2 put it up. I guess I can't get it from them, oh well.

Whew, thought I missed all of them. Hopefully I score with sideshow.

Last edited:
Toys2 and BBTS must have a pretty good idea that they are getting some (even if they don't know how much). Those aren't companies that historically put pre-orders up that they don't think they will fulfill (even if BBTS made a mistake in listing too many today). As for whether it will be a handful or a bucketful, that's complete speculation at this point.

And like I said--you know Sideshow is getting it. You don't know that you'll be able to get a pre-order in. So, the riskier move is putting all your eggs in the Sideshow basket. Even if there is a small chance BBTS or Toys2 will get their pre-orders in, placing a no-cost pre-order increases the probability of getting the figure for a sub-eBay cost. That's really not a debatable point, because it's basic logic. Putting all your eggs in the BBTS basket might be more risky, but I'm not arguing that.

You must've missed the CS reply pages back that they're not sure if they'll be getting any and can't, at this time, make any "guarantees" about the figure.

I'm hoping Toys2 comes through, Eric seems like a pretty stand up guy and from everything I've read here seems 'in the know' about this stuff more then other stores. I'm still going to try for an order with sideshow just to protect my interest just for the fact I want a clean terminator 2 line as well as a damaged one.

Don't know if it's true but I heard he was the brother-in-law of the Hot Toys owner or something along the lines. If true, that's why he's so good at what he does. I know I've never had an issue and he even found me hard to get figures.

Don't know if it's true but I heard he was the brother-in-law of the Hot Toys owner or something along the lines. If true, that's why he's so good at what he does. I know I've never had an issue and he even found me hard to get figures.

And I've heard that is just a rumor. He's just another distributor like Sideshow.

Back