Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got mine at toys 2 and am at least 75% sure i'll still see this all over ebay anyway

I'm 100% sure they will be all over ebay. I just don't want to pay that going rate. :wink1:

You completely missed what BM meant by "risk." He's not talking about not getting the cash back, he's talking about not getting the figure. i.e. It's too much of a risk to put your faith into thinking you've secured one because you've placed a preorder with BBTS or Toys2.

Yep. Other than ordering directly through HT (which most of us can't without access to toy hunters) or Sideshow, there is no real guarantee on this right now. As of now, it is still a limited, con variant. Sideshow's stock of it won't be though since they'll miss the SDCC window. But until we hear otherwise, there will be the 2 Asian Con's and Sideshow's stock. So unless you are going to one of those Asian cons or ordering though Sideshow, you're order is not secured. If we hear this is no long a limited exclusive with the Thursday newsletter, then you should be fine. So until then, I'm not even going to waste my time ordering from anywhere besides Sideshow.

50? :lol

Yeah either this is no longer a limited exclusive or 25+ people are probably not going to be getting their orders filled.

And wasn't BBTS like 200?

I really wish we'd just know what exactly is going on. Either Toys2 and BBTS have lost their minds thinking they can get so many of this figure, or its no longer super limited and we have nothing to worry about. I wish HT or Sideshow would chime in sooner than Thursday :gah:

Yep. Other than ordering directly through HT (which most of us can't without access to toy hunters) or Sideshow, there is no real guarantee on this right now. As of now, it is still a limited, con variant. Sideshow's stock of it won't be though since they'll miss the SDCC window. But until we hear otherwise, there will be the 2 Asian Con's and Sideshow's stock. So unless you are going to one of those Asian cons or ordering though Sideshow, you're order is not secured. If we hear this is no long a limited exclusive with the Thursday newsletter, then you should be fine. So until then, I'm not even going to waste my time ordering from anywhere besides Sideshow.
But if you really want to minimize risk, you should pre-order everywhere, right? There's no guarantee that Toys2 or BBTS will get what they offer, but nor is there a guarantee that you will be able to get one of Sideshow's pre-orders once listed. More options = less risk.

I don't think either of them had more than thirty... or thirty two (4 cases). BBTS was sold out in about 4 hours. Them Toys2 got it up and they sold out in about 4 hours too.

The original 240 number that was posted was described by the reseller as 'likely caused by weird timing as the stock numbers where fiddled with on the server end.'

The question for me is who will get their stock first? Sideshow or Toys2? If I were to order one from Sideshow for safety sake I'd rather have Toys2 get the figure first so I could cancel my one order with Sideshow.

Whereas if Sideshow got it first and it was still uncertain about Toys2 I'd be forced to keep the Sideshow order just in case and have to pay the customs on it...then I'd have to cancel one of my Sarahs from Toys2, maybe incurring a cancellation charge if indeed Toys2 could get it afterall. Mind you I'm a regular enough customer they might waive the cancellation fee.

But if you really want to minimize risk, you should pre-order everywhere, right? There's no guarantee that Toys2 or BBTS will get what they offer, but nor is there a guarantee that you will be able to get one of Sideshow's pre-orders once listed. More options = less risk.

Nope. As of right now their are only 4 confirmed options. Asian Toy Fair #1. Asian Con #2. Sideshow. Ebay. Thats it. Everyone and their dog can put up a pre-order, and you can order from all of them, but at the end of the day only those 4 places are for sure going to get it. Those other places might but as of right now, they shouldn't. And if they do, it will only be a handful of them.

Nope. As of right now their are only 4 confirmed options. Asian Toy Fair #1. Asian Con #2. Sideshow. Ebay. Thats it. Everyone and their dog can put up a pre-order, and you can order from all of them, but at the end of the day only those 4 places are for sure going to get it. Those other places might but as of right now, they shouldn't. And if they do, it will only be a handful of them.
Toys2 and BBTS must have a pretty good idea that they are getting some (even if they don't know how much). Those aren't companies that historically put pre-orders up that they don't think they will fulfill (even if BBTS made a mistake in listing too many today). As for whether it will be a handful or a bucketful, that's complete speculation at this point.

And like I said--you know Sideshow is getting it. You don't know that you'll be able to get a pre-order in. So, the riskier move is putting all your eggs in the Sideshow basket. Even if there is a small chance BBTS or Toys2 will get their pre-orders in, placing a no-cost pre-order increases the probability of getting the figure for a sub-eBay cost. That's really not a debatable point, because it's basic logic. Putting all your eggs in the BBTS basket might be more risky, but I'm not arguing that.

I guess that makes sense. But at this point, I'd be SOL ordering from either place. If its still a limited exclusive, they aren't going to fulfill all of the orders they already have. And if its opened up, then I'll still just order with Sideshow anyway. So it really is Sideshow or bust for me right now.

Exactly. I have a pre-order at BBTS, but I'm still going to try for it at Sideshow when it goes up. I know that there's going to be massive demand for this figure, so I'm not holding out hope that I'll get to SSC on time for it. If I should miss it, then I still have the possibility of getting the figure through my BBTS order, even if might be slim. Though, I think I was probably one of the earliest to get an order in, so if the numbers are more limited than they thought, I should still be good.

I did actually ask Dusty if she knew anything about the Sarah-1000's situation earlier today. Hopefully she'll be able to shed some light on the situation for us sooner than the Thursday newsletter.

I dont think they are gonna limit this anymore, seeing the demand for this just shoots up after the announcement for the t1000. I hope they make these as a regular release :lol

I would imagine Sideshow will get the most being they are partnered with HT and sharing the license. As long as your by a comp when it goes up for preorder you shouldnt have a problem scoring one. You guys need to stop :panic: ing

Back