Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping notice from Toys2!!! Looking forward to making her look as good as I can. I know she's going to look much better in person.

This is all I could get out of my camera before it died. But like I said, I think it looks way better in person than any pictures (especially mine) can convey.

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

I agree, it just looks so much better when you actually see it. It's one of those weird sculpts that looks better than the photos show.

Bad hair day version of Sarah Connor is the most unexciting figure Hot Toys have released.

(Ducks and prepares to be flamed)

No, it's that this figure doesn't resemble the Actress, it even has the wrong color hair. If it DID have a kickass Linda likeness and the correct coloring, it would be far more appreciated. And the bodies on Both Sarah's are dysfunctional, can't raise her arms to pose a Gun, that is NOT a good thing either. And when you compare it to the amazing level of superb work on the T-800, it became a letdown.

So glad I passed and got past this one. But that's just me, to each his own, I hope those who got this are happy with it. :D

The likeness may not be 100%, but it's good enough for the scene it's trying to duplicate.

The hair is also not red in person like is shows up in pics for some reason. It is closer to blondish brown like the first figure.

And the bodies on Both Sarah's are dysfunctional, can't raise her arms to pose a Gun, that is NOT a good thing either. And when you compare it to the amazing level of superb work on the T-800, it became a letdown.

Yup, I definitely felt that with the first Sarah. Her visual execution is nice, paint apps, tailoring, etc., but the lesser posability hurts. I was so pumped about this line when T-800 finally got in hand, and Sarah killed a bit of that momentum, even as glad as I'll be to finally have a hair down Sarah Connor, the same issues are still there from the first, it won't be until the T-1000 ships that I get that super blast of enthusiasm back like the T-800 stirred up, that or a BD T-800 or John Connor teaser comes.

Good pics, Vodoun. I'm going to try a little mousse when mine gets here.

Excellent photos, vodoun!

Gracias.

Same here.....

You know theres something wrong, when even vodoun pics cant make us fall in love with a fig! :lol

I think it's all in the pose and the right position of the hair brings it out. Most will just give it a quick poke and be done. Look at cr0w with his Joker clothes for futzing. "I've tried" Most don't care but at the same time they want it to look exceptional.

I kept meaning to try it with some mousse but I've boxed it up. At least I know what I'll be able to achieve when it's time to put them in the display shelves.

4897983934_42ce2d8757_b.jpg

No, it's that this figure doesn't resemble the Actress, it even has the wrong color hair

Water or gel, mousse whatever stuff for the hair really darkens it though. You can see a smidge of the true colour at the very top of her head that was slowly drying out in the above photo... when it's wet it adds realism. Once dry it's like Black Widow, puffy, looking like a Barbie doll.

A really good figure the only complaint I have is getting her to hold the shotgun :horror

Keep at it, the right arm position and hand position it's possible.

What's this rubber like long term though? will it crack/split in sections when holding the shotgun for a permanent pose? thats going to be crap if it does.

Mine arrived, can't do much with her, she's going off to seb, I'm just keeping the 1000 head.

But she does look great, even right outta the box.

PICT0136.jpg

PICT0141.jpg

you pimped her out already??? What is Seb going to do to her!! :horror
:borg:

Yeah, they're just passing her around like a piece of meat*, I'm disgusted :lol

*or like a Real Doll!

For some reason the likeness looks great in this pic. It really looks like Linda hamilton there, anyone else agree?

And is anyone thinking of swapping her onto a more articulated female trueype?

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday in the early afternoon. I have't had the time to take her out of the box, but will try to do it sometime tonight and take some pics as well next to Arnie. :)

Received her today. I'll take my time with her. A pity the hair is a tat to red.
I'm still not excited about the donut head. Guess just not interested enough. I see what a-dev said about the backside of the ears now though, there is really absolutely no texture there! Not that it matters, but since the rest of the head is so detailed, the backsides of the ears really stand out in a negative way because of it. :)

Last edited:
:clap Superb! As usual great attention to detail in terms of replicating the angles and pose from the film (the arm up like that). I wish I had the patience to do the same.

Have to say I haven't been totally convinced by the likeness of the T-1000 on the Donut head but those pics certainly look like him.

I see what a-dev said about the backside of the ears now though, there is really absolutely no texture there! Not that it matters, but since the rest of the head is so detailed, the backsides of the ears really stand out in a negative way because of it. :)

Yeah, it was just a bit unexpected on a Hot Toys figure. No real biggie though.

:clap Superb! As usual great attention to detail in terms of replicating the angles and pose from the film.

Have to say I haven't been totally convinced by the likeness of the T-1000 on the Donut head but those pics certainly look like him.

Really? I thought the donut head had a better likeness than the actual T-1000 figure.

Back