Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really couldn't imagine them making the torso section from plastic at the expense of any articulation, that's not really Hot Toys style. I think it's going to be like other figures with rubber torsos.

I would much rather have a plastic two section torso like other Predators, even if it's less aesthetically pleasing.. Hot Toys tends to be very vague about the material they make their figures from. I often see vinyl used in their descriptions but I have my doubt about that. Feels and looks more like silicone to me, I hope it is anyway.

I haven't had any problems with the rubber on any of my figures, but I don't really play around with them much. I find a few good poses and stick with them.

I only have one rubber figure and no problems with it either but it feels like if you look at it wrong it could tear plus the horror stories of the DX Batman really have me paranoid too. Also like I said, cheap rubber like what HT uses will rot eventually no matter how well it's taken care of. Not to mention you have to worry about paint flaking off aswell. But I agree and would prefer a plastic torso with ab articulation similar to the earlier Preds.

I really hope HT uses plastic though reguardless of articulation. If you look at the pics posted in Joseph Tsangs's making of Berserker blog, it shows an unnassembled and unpainted Berserker and the material used doesn't look like rubber. That being said though the figure in the blog is a proto so I imagine it's very possible the protos are cast in different materials than the mass produced peice. But I digress, the torso will probably be rubber either way.

Last edited:
Plastics will also deteriorate and discolor over time. It may take a take a little while longer than rubber, but still, i highly doubt that any figure we pull out of the box today, will look the same in 20 years unless you cut off oxygen.:dunno

I would much rather have a plastic two section torso like other Predators, even if it's less aesthetically pleasing..

This :)

I place importance to function and longevity over form any day.

@ Vortex:

It's easier to minimize/avoid deterioration and discoloration of plastics than rubber. I used to own G1 Transformers that were well taken care of and didn't suffer from discoloration.

Discoloration in ABS plastic (it's the kind of plastic mostly used in toys) is caused by UV radiation. Control a toy's exposure to UV and you're able to control discoloration.

I only have one rubber figure and no problems with it either but it feels like if you look at it wrong it could tear plus the horror stories of the DX Batman really have me paranoid too. Also like I said, cheap rubber like what HT uses will rot eventually no matter how well it's taken care of. Not to mention you have to worry about paint flaking off aswell. But I agree and would prefer a plastic torso with ab articulation similar to the earlier Preds.

I really hope HT uses plastic though reguardless of articulation. If you look at the pics posted in Joseph Tsangs's making of Berserker blog, it shows an unnassembled and unpainted Berserker and the material used doesn't look like rubber. That being said though the figure in the blog is a proto so I imagine it's very possible the protos are cast in different materials than the mass produced peice. But I digress, the torso will probably be rubber either way.

rubber is difficult to paint. paint chipping issues too. i doubt they'll be using that one with the super preds color scheme.

Plastics will also deteriorate and discolor over time. It may take a take a little while longer than rubber, but still, i highly doubt that any figure we pull out of the box today, will look the same in 20 years unless you cut off oxygen.:dunno

I have severall loose vintage Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers that are still pure white and look brand and they're over 20 years old. Of course I got these 2nd hand so I suppose they could have been bleached but I doubt it.

I would much prefer foot articulation than torso, I think the feet are going to limit posing more than the upper body...

the foot articulation is handicapped enough...but i can live with upper body shots and do away the feet. so the torso, is really a big deal...it cover all or nothing, unless i settle with head shots, which i wont.:monkey3

I have severall loose vintage Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers that are still pure white and look brand and they're over 20 years old. Of course I got these 2nd hand so I suppose they could have been bleached but I doubt it.

I've got one vintage stormtrooper who went so yellow that hes now brown.

The same fate awaits all my more modern stormtroopers. Even figures that aren't white are discolouring. Really annoying. Makes me feel like I have to buy that figure again.

The same fate awaits all my more modern stormtroopers. Even figures that aren't white are discolouring. Really annoying. Makes me feel like I have to buy that figure again.

Hi bro, try this trick to revitalize those troopers :)

https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=134595&postcount=16

As for prevention, try to minimize the toys' exposure to UV, so sunlight is the first to watch out for. There are some lights that emit UV, such as halogen lamps, etc. Don't get them too near those light sources, or try to minimize exposure of those toys to these light sources. A more expensive approach is to use glass displays that are coated with anti-UV solutions.

Last edited:
Hi bro, try this trick to revitalize those troopers :)

https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=134595&postcount=16

As for prevention, try to minimize the toys' exposure to UV, so sunlight is the first to watch out for. There are some lights that emit UV, such as halogen lamps, etc. Don't get them too near those light sources, or try to minimize exposure of those toys to these light sources. A more expensive approach is to use glass displays that are coated with anti-UV solutions.

That seems like a lot of work especially considering the amount of figures I'd be trying to improve. I'll put that in favourites though, thanks.

Ideally I'd go the anti-UV Glass route but as you say its expensive plus kind of limiting if you're intent on setting up big dioramas. I live in a smoking house too so that is another perpetual worry.

That seems like a lot of work especially considering the amount of figures I'd be trying to improve. I'll put that in favourites though, thanks.

Ideally I'd go the anti-UV Glass route but as you say its expensive plus kind of limiting if you're intent on setting up big dioramas. I live in a smoking house too so that is another perpetual worry.

A few notes, btw :) You don't need to dismantle your toys :) If you can get away with soaking your figures whole, you can do so. You just need a bigger glass jar with a wider opening.

I also wanted to go the anti-UV glass coating route, but it was costly when I inquired. I could have a display cabinet made of UV-resistant glass, but I have four display cabs already and it'll be a big investment to replace them :( not to mention that one of them is built into the wall, so the only solution for that is to either have it coated or have the glass replaced.

I have multiple vintage SW figures (all bought 2nd hand though) and because I was a picky collector (even as kid) I only bought the ones in good condition. Like I said I have severall old loose Stormies that I bough waaaay back like in 95 or so that were still pure white and are still pure white today. That being said I never played with them or displayed them close to a window where possible sunlight could shine one them.

I have multiple vintage SW figures (all bought 2nd hand though) and because I was a picky collector (even as kid) I only bought the ones in good condition. Like I said I have severall old loose Stormies that I bough waaaay back like in 95 or so that were still pure white and are still pure white today. That being said I never played with them or displayed them close to a window where possible sunlight could shine one them.

Well I've long known that the sun and plastic figures do not mix but one does need light in the room. I've always tried to be sure that they're not getting any direct sunlight, as in full-on sunrays beaming on them. Still I find my star wars figures becoming discoloured. Even when you think they're still white once you get a new stormtrooper it becomes apparent that your older ones are definitely no longer as white as they used to be. Then I started to notice discolouration on other figures like Lando Calrissian with his light blue top, the arms now being a different shade to his torso. Its all very :gah:

Dust and cigarette smoke obviously don't help. For a longer than I care to remember I was letting my g/f smoke in the room with all my figures exposed on open shelves. Its why I really want to find some way to cover them when I finally get my new shelves.

When I compared my vintage Snowtroopers to one that was still MOC, they were the same shade of white. However I also have some "buff" Stormtroopers from the POTF2 line that are noticablly darker than they originally were.

Anyway back on topic, Berserkers head and bio need to be bigger and the torso should be made of plastic not rubber yadda, yadda, yadda lol.

I took these at HT's store today.

img0230b.jpg

img0232bf.jpg

Back