Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you want to own a Iconic looking Terminator,well Tech Noir is not but if you want something to represent each movie,well i think tech Noir is the right choice as the other look is just too similar to T2 except the pants off course.

Roy is right,T1 over Salvation ANY DAY :hi5:

I'm not really looking for anything, I just weigh each piece as it comes and evaluate how much it would mean to me if I got it and if that outweighs how much money it would cost. If I think the enjoyment I'd get out of owning it exceeds what I'd have to pay, I get it, if not, I pass.

And as Roy pointed out, there is a little something wrong in having 3 Salvation figures and not getting this :lol

Roy is right,T1 over Salvation ANY DAY :hi5:

black-dance.gif

Its interesting to me that in T4 when doing their CG Arnie they chose his tech noir haircut - I quite liked that decision. Sort of an announcement that he was a villain again.

Its interesting to me that in T4 when doing their CG Arnie they chose his tech noir haircut - I quite liked that decision. Sort of an announcement that he was a villain again.

I think that it was just general Arnold '80's look. He had a similar haircut since the '70's.

Different tastes, I grew up a T2 fan well before ever even seeing 1 so my perception of T1 was different and the tech noir look goes against what I felt the Terminator's look should be, the biker look and his T2 look are very alike and so for me, the tech noir costume isn't him yet.
yes, different tastes.
some prefer a killing machine that ignores clothes, rules and people, in T1.
some like leather-packed kid-fashioned good guy in 1 000 000 movies, including T2.

Actually I find one flaw with the CGI - it has his cheek opened up that from some angles you can see through his face and yet inside his mouth is still complete darkness when he talks - if his cheek is gone there should be light getting in from the side.

True, they should have planted a small LED light with the correct color in his mouth :D

It's funny how just a few years can alter perceptions. Seeing T1 before T2 ever existed. I saw T1 in 1985 or 1986 and his "Punk" look was enough to scare the ____ out of me, and then after the cop car crash, walking up the apt hallway with the leather jacket & Gargoyle sunglasses just cemented the Image further, like Jason and his Hockey Mask, Freddy and his clawed glove. So while yes, The Tech Noir scene isn't his typical look, I think it's still pivotal and I plan on getting the t1-T-800. I Hope they do a 1984 Sarah too.

I'm not really looking for anything, I just weigh each piece as it comes and evaluate how much it would mean to me if I got it and if that outweighs how much money it would cost. If I think the enjoyment I'd get out of owning it exceeds what I'd have to pay, I get it, if not, I pass.
Isn't that what we all do? Even if joy is defined as potential re-sale value (so I guess joy = utility).

On second thought, I suppose there are some crazy suckers around here who buy things for no rational reason. . . (looks at Skiman) :D

So why is Sideshow charging $194 for this? I really don't get the pricing on some of these. $180 at Toys2 but this has less parts than the T-1000.

So why is Sideshow charging $194 for this? I really don't get the pricing on some of these. $180 at Toys2 but this has less parts than the T-1000.

I know. I can't understand it either. I want the figure but I don't see it worth that price. Not for recycled headsculpt and very limited accessories.

It MUST have something to do with Licensing fees or something. To get the likeness rights or something to T1, maybe it's more expensive than T2?

Why order at Sideshow when its available for less elsewhere? Its not like they ship it with care these days. Ordered the first two terminator figures from Sideshow, both arrived damaged. Asked for a replacement box and it arrived damaged.

Well I just looked at it as he was being sent to 1984, he would have an 80's hair do. Spiked for 90's.

Well you can get it in the UK for £150 delivered from OSB.
I was going to get the 1/6 EX Emperor from Sideshow, but it cost $95, a lot cheaper some might think, but when you add delivery, tax, and custom charges you looking £110 or so. I know The T-800 is £40 more, but I know what the better deal is

Back