Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get those spare shields quickly when they become available, Thor's hammer went from $25.00 to $45.00-$65.00 really quick.

I predict Cap's shield will be the most popular HT Marvel spare piece item sold therefore it will be more expensive than normal.

Last edited:
Well we'll see about that. You know HT's release schedule is inconsistent at best. Thor was early/on-time...but what about IM MK V?:impatient:
Lets just hope Cap is an easy figure that doesn't give them many problems.

alright,, it's fine with me, it will give us time to save for this figure :D

Every time i look at pics of this figure, I'm just so grateful that HT exists to produce all these gems at relatively reasonable pirces.

I nv had one of those PFs from SS, but comparing the movie Cap PF and HT's rendition, HT seems to do a better job at achieving the actual movie character likeness. And all at a lower price too!

Bless u HT!

I stumble this video review about the Marvel Select Captain America
looks cool :D
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEU-nAyOieY&feature=feedu"]‪Marvel Select Captain America, First Avenger Review‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

going back a page or two, the shield isnt damaged...the paint is. Even if the shield absorbs all kinetic energy and bullets etc just fall when they hit they would still mar the paint first.

That being said, I want a clean shield as the figure is not battle damage nor are any of the other pieces in my display

simple. her shots were fired from straight on, but I'm sure Cap deflects shots from all different angles in battle.

Except his shield was shown absorbing the bullet's energy, not deflecting it. Think about it -- if his shield deflected all bullets at every angle, it would be a deadly ricochet murder machine to the Howling Commandos around him . . . a hazard to friend and foe alike.

going back a page or two, the shield isnt damaged...the paint is. Even if the shield absorbs all kinetic energy and bullets etc just fall when they hit they would still mar the paint first.

Then the paint would be marred by a single dot, not a long scar of carbon or diagonal ricochets. Total pointless nerdology I know, but my point is the film itself isn't internally consistent on the shield's properties or how it gets its battle damage.

So to debate the toy version seems even more pointless . . .
:dunno

I like the look of this Uniform better than the one he'll be sporting in Avengers. But I"m sure the new costume will grow on me once I see the Avengers movie

Except his shield was shown absorbing the bullet's energy, not deflecting it. Think about it -- if his shield deflected all bullets at every angle, it would be a deadly ricochet murder machine to the Howling Commandos around him . . . a hazard to friend and foe alike.

Then the paint would be marred by a single dot, not a long scar of carbon or diagonal ricochets. Total pointless nerdology I know, but my point is the film itself isn't internally consistent on the shield's properties or how it gets its battle damage.

So to debate the toy version seems even more pointless . . .
:dunno

Some of the marks on the shield would be cause from deflecting energy blast... Like fired from Hydra bikes during the chase.. @ 1.34 into the video below

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsmWfoqO20"]‪Harley-Davidson / Captain America Documentary‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Finally saw the movie this weekend and loved it. I'd be all over this figure except 1.) I fear I'll like the Avengers figure better and 2.) something about this figure's head seems off to me. I thought he actually looked better in the film than he does in this figure, and I'm not quite sure what it is about it that makes me think it doesn't look quite right.

Back