Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. A whopping $22 more would just be unbearable . . .

:cuckoo:

It's not about the $22; its about paying what I think is fair for what they're giving me. This figure does not have $175 worth of accessories/features/display possibilities, so I would not pay it. There's no figure I need that badly that I'm willing to pay whatever it costs.

Interesting point.

Given the crossover appeal of this fig (military & superhero), I think it will jump significantly in the aftermarket.

A Blade or Mk.1 sized jump? Probably not, but the pics of this fig are stunning.

Question: is the shield metal or plastic?
Thor's metal hammer couldn't have been cheap to produce . . . :monkey1

"- One (1) metal-like electroplated shield"

My guess is plastic.

And I agree that this figure is bound to increase in price up until Super Duper DX version is released with Evans maskless head sculpt, BD options, googly eyes, screen accurate shield, severed head of Red Skull, severed head of Bucky, severed head of Dum Dum Dugan, frozen iceberg diorama, motorcycle, and 1/6th scale SHIELD helicarrier.

"- One (1) metal-like electroplated shield"

My guess is plastic.

And I agree that this figure is bound to increase in price up until Super Duper DX version is released with Evans maskless head sculpt, BD options, googly eyes, screen accurate shield, severed head of Red Skull, severed head of Bucky, severed head of Dum Dum Dugan, frozen iceberg diorama, motorcycle, and 1/6th scale SHIELD helicarrier.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

It will be plastic. We talked about this at comic-con when seeing the figure. It was supposed to be metal originally but was gonna be too heavy for the figure and so they went with the vacuumized-metal look.

It will be plastic. We talked about this at comic-con when seeing the figure. It was supposed to be metal originally but was gonna be too heavy for the figure and so they went with the vacuumized-metal look.

It looked fine when I saw it. As long as it doesn't look really cheap, I'm down for it

The shield is what convinced me to pre-order this item, hope it's as nice in hand as it looks in the pictures :/

yeah for you to not even consider it though because of 22 dollars more seams a bit silly
As I said, it's not about the $22; it's about picking figures that i feel offer the best value. I only buy one or two figures a year and generally sell an older one to make funds/space available for a new one. So because I only buy a few figures a year, I'm very selective as to which figures those will be.

It's also about letting my wallet do the talking in terms of Hot Toys out-of-control pricing. I bought the Mark VI for $188 because the features, accessories and possible poses justified the price. I would never consider the Mark V for $188 (the original pre-order price) as it includes very little by comparison.

As I said, it's not about the $22; it's about picking figures that i feel offer the best value. I only buy one or two figures a year and generally sell an older one to make funds/space available for a new one. So because I only buy a few figures a year, I'm very selective as to which figures those will be.

It's also about letting my wallet do the talking in terms of Hot Toys out-of-control pricing. I bought the Mark VI for $188 because the features, accessories and possible poses justified the price. I would never consider the Mark V for $188 (the original pre-order price) as it includes very little by comparison.

That is understandable. To be honest, I am more and more disappointed with the Superman and how little it offers, even compared to Cap. But... I'm still going to get them both!

Was watched today. To be fair it's another potential GREAT blockbuster that have been turned into a mediocre show for a couple of reviews.
So still so far the only truly in all respects high-quality Marvel movie is the first "Iron Man".

But this doesn't mean that I don't like the concept and characters of the Cap-movie, no-no-no.
Despite the fact that the heroic costume conceptually more correct... I still don't like it design.
So USO 2in1 Captain and 2in1 RedSkull - dats all I need from HotToys. Hopefully that we will not have to wait long for these two :pray:

Back