Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey i don't know if this was bought up already but i tried to cancel my order for this figure at Sideshow(so i can re-order it using rewards points) but i couldn't cause item is shipping soon so i need to call to cancel.I looked at the description page and it states 4th quarter for this so i don't know if its an error or it's for real.Does anyone know what's up?^_^

This may have been mentioned, but as I noticed in the film, the painted up shield was never "clean" like that. Whatsherface shot the shield before it was painted (or whatever the process that was used to add color to the shield is called), and the first time Cap was shown using it, those marks seemed to be on the the shield.

You know, I could SWEAR I saw the bullet marks after Peggy shot the clean shield, even before it was painted up. But re-watching trailer 1 (the shield shooting is at the very end), the shield is completely clean.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J3HfllvXWE&feature=relmfu"]‪Captain America: The First Avenger Movie Trailer 1 Official (HD)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

It's possible they did post editing so the trailer shield is different than the movie, but that's unlikely. I guess I'll have to re-watch to confirm, but the bullet marks on the clean shield may have just been eyes playing tricks.

And going by the shield being clean then, the first time we see him using the painted shield, I guess you can assume it wasn't actually the first time it saw action.

The whole movie, he always had to bullet marks. It was never gone. They painted the shield but the marks were still there.

The whole movie, he always had to bullet marks. It was never gone. They painted the shield but the marks were still there.

Not true. These 3 pics come from different points in the movie. The pre painted one has just taken 3 bullets. The battle damage on the other 2 are also different. I'm a 'little' ____ retentive, I know.

CAShield.jpg

Not true. These 3 pics come from different points in the movie. The pre painted one has just taken 3 bullets. The battle damage on the other 2 are also different. I'm a 'little' ____ retentive, I know.

CAShield.jpg

Those marks are just the paint being taken off the shield.

On a side-note, anybody know if there is going to be a 1/6 version of the non-painted shield ??? And his first shield for that matter ???

CAShield.jpg

I don't get your point... the unpainted shield is before it took the bullet damage.

CAShield.jpg

The bullet damage remains the same throughout the film.

Either way... that shield is never clean when painted.

I guess my point is, that those marks aren't from Peggy and I think some think they are.... they are cumulative over the coarse of the movie. I don't think he ever repaints the shield, but if he were to, it would be clean again. I'm sure it will start clean for avengers.

I guess my point is, that those marks aren't from Peggy and I think some think they are.... they are cumulative over the coarse of the movie. I don't think he ever repaints the shield, but if he were to, it would be clean again. I'm sure it will start clean for avengers.

This is why I previously stated that I think we should get the clean for the Avengers uni and the BD shield for the hero costume.:wave

Back