Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the thing to recognise is that the point in the movie where we see him sling the shield on his back for the first time isn't necessarily the first time he puts on the uniform, its within a sequence where he is comfortable in his guise and kicking arse. Its possibly months (even years) after getting the gear.

Those marks are just the paint being taken off the shield.

On a side-note, anybody know if there is going to be a 1/6 version of the non-painted shield ??? And his first shield for that matter ???

Final Word

Bullet 'carbon' marks the unpainted shield

unpaintedshield.png

Painted shield is marked - but not in the same places - and its only carbon scoring

paintedshield.png

I guess that's settled.

But it still means it should be god damn battle damaged!!

Clean looks lame!!

YEAHHH!!

prefer the shield to be fully shiny...that way it matches the clean look of the figure.

The shield "damage" doesn't really make sense in the context of the movie.

When Peggy shoots the unpainted shield the bullets don't deflect or ricochet -- their kinetic energy is completely absorbed by the vibranium and they're shown simply falling to the floor.

So if the shield dampens all impacts, then how could carbon scoring and ricochet marks be present?

Hmmmm?

_________

The shield "damage" doesn't really make sense in the context of the movie.

When Peggy shoots the unpainted shield the bullets don't deflect or ricochet -- their kinetic energy is completely absorbed by the vibranium and they're shown simply falling to the floor.

So if the shield dampens all impacts, then how could carbon scoring and ricochet marks be present?

Hmmmm?

_________

simple. her shots were fired from straight on, but I'm sure Cap deflects shots from all different angles in battle. Hell, he even runs with the shield slanted upward when he's charging so it wouldn't be out the question

simple. her shots were fired from straight on, but I'm sure Cap deflects shots from all different angles in battle. Hell, he even runs with the shield slanted upward when he's charging so it wouldn't be out the question

No offense, but that didn't answer his question for me :lol

Straight on or not, shouldn't left any marks.

I say it was made of 98% Vibranium and 2% Hot Toys plastic.

i second. better with a clean shield than with none. if you don't want it, try lighting it up with a matchstick so there's carbon markings for you. happy happy :D

Back