Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
Yeah i think the way it arches above the midsection gives it that look

And i think they're too closely spaced together...just couldn't get that thought out at the moment...possibly till i actually see the movie next year :rotfl

Not sure if this is posted yet, but newsarama has a full body shot of modern captain america

CapAvengers1.jpg

I dunno, I think the WW 2 costume looks better than the modern costume....suddenly, Im thinking of just grabbing the WW2 cap instead!
Goof-tastic there.

Only thing I really don't like are the boots. They just look flimsy and weak. I mean you can't kick a door in with those things, you'll sprain your ankle. Cap needs some real waffle stompers like Batman to balance out the costume. Boots that could take a bullet, the kind of boots where, if you fell into the ocean, you know you'd sink straight to the bottom

I also don't like the way they changed the wings on his helmet, and for some reason im really missing the chin strap

I like the take on the new suit. While I love the WWII suit, this one is more modern like the rest of the modern age movie marvel heroes. I will get that one. :)

I think the Avengers outfit will be fine. Gotta remember that these are leaked images most likely taken by cheap camera compared to a still of a movie with proper lighting, of course it wont look as good.
People had the same concern when the ww2 look was introduced. Those who were not familiar with the ultimates hated it and thought it didnt look like Cap.
I do like the WW2 better cause I love the ultimates. But its more like Iron Mark 4 or 6. I personally prefer Mark 4 but its not like 6 isnt great.

So does it look like his shield's stripes is white now instead of metallic?

Shoot, not loving the full reveal based on the stills. Hopefully it grows on me or looks much better in action. I think as fit as Evans is he might need to be even bulkier to pull off the tighter suit. The spandex-clad Cap in the comics had more of a John Cena physique.

The baggier outfit in CA:TFA looks much more badass, IMO.

captain_america.jpg

Looks badass to me. Loving it actually and he doesn't need to get bigger and go WWE. We've already got Triple H Thor so lets leave that nonsense on Spike or USA whatever channel its on now.

Looks badass to me. Loving it actually and he doesn't need to get bigger and go WWE. We've already got Triple H Thor so lets leave that nonsense on Spike or USA whatever channel its on now.

Amen. Im sick of people saying that superheroes need to look like roided-up MMA fighters.

Personally this looks apsolutly laughable to me:
stupidest-covers-capitan-america.jpg

They found Bucky :wink1:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think the Avengers outfit will be fine. Gotta remember that these are leaked images most likely taken by cheap camera compared to a still of a movie with proper lighting, of course it wont look as good.
People had the same concern when the ww2 look was introduced. Those who were not familiar with the ultimates hated it and thought it didnt look like Cap.
I do like the WW2 better cause I love the ultimates. But its more like Iron Mark 4 or 6. I personally prefer Mark 4 but its not like 6 isnt great.

So does it look like his shield's stripes is white now instead of metallic?

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

"Nonsense." :lol I swear Josh in your efforts to remain dramatic sometimes points just go right over your head. :duff

Cap's skintight comic costume has always required a sizable amount of bulk to balance it out.

captain-america-profile.jpg

As opposed to this:

Captain_America_356.jpg

You're welcome to think that the Cap on the cover of issue #356 looks "badass" but I think if you're going to put him in a tight suit he needs to be bigger than he was in First Avenger. FA saw the constraints of the comic design, saw how Evans could fill it, and redesigned it perfectly to suit the story and actor. As of right now its looking like that won't be the case with The Avengers. Maybe he'll look better in motion or from different angles but after multiple stills now being leaked I'm not getting my hopes up.

apsolutly laughable to me:

That's because it wasn't Captain America. It was some nightmare hermaphrodite hero envisioned in the dark recesses of Rob Liefeld's mind.

Last edited:
Back