Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As BADASS as it gets
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

I would have to agree.

Parts of me wants to agree with devil and khev.....

BUT....

We are getting a high budget Avengers movie, it truly is a dream come true regardless of minor quibblies like his weight and girth.

Haven't we all learned a lesson already with the Cap movie :tap

As far as i'm concerned, CE is now Cap for me like CH is Thor and RDJ is IM. :rock

CE has earned that from me so I owe him the trust that his final look will be just fine in the "finished" movie.

Last edited:
"Nonsense." :lol I swear Josh in your efforts to remain dramatic sometimes points just go right over your head. :duff

Thats right I said nonsense. :) Not being dramatic at all. Sarcastic maybe but not dramatic. :) So nothing went over my head at all thanks though. :duff I get that you and others want him to look like one of those idiots in the WWE or Barry Bonds from the Giants. I think the way he looks in the current run of Cap comics ripped but not roided out and how Evans looks in the still work together just fine. More power to ya if you want to see John Cena be Evans stunt double but I'll be more than pleased to keep things as is based on what we've seen. :duff

So nothing went over my head at all thanks though.

Sorry bud, but again you prove that isn't the case when you say:

I get that you and others want him to look like one of those idiots in the WWE or Barry Bonds from the Giants.

No, you don't get it Josh, because that's not what I said I wanted. I said I liked the happy medium achieved in The First Avenger. I said the specific costume design chosen for The Avengers would probably look better on a bigger physique since its tight like in the comics, not that I wanted Evans to be huge. Big difference. I think Evans is fine, and they should have given him something that fit a little more like his TFA suit.

No pal. I get it trust me. I appreciate your concern though. :duff

I get that you and others might feel he needs to be bigger to pull off this kind of a suit or that they needed to go with something different. I was saying that I don't think he needs to look bigger to pull it off that he looks fine as is. My posts were laced with thick sarcasm. Sorry, you couldn't pick that up. :duff

Yes that is correct. Hopefully it plays better in action. And if you really were being sarcastic then I did indeed miss that.

I was trying to lace that with thick sarcasm. :lol Thats why I went with the WWE references and Barry Bonds. :lol Since they are bigger (muscle wise) compared to Evans.

I'd be beyond happy if they put a magnet or metal inside the shield so we could have it posed striking objects... Like snotty piece of magnet or metal in another figure's shirt.

In my OPINION the modern outfit looks cheesy- the WWII era outfit MUCH more realistic, practicle and not so "comic booky", I know it is a comic book movie, blah blah.:wink1:

That movie pic of the new costume looks bad, not liking it BUT isn't that what everyone said of the WW2 version when they first saw it????

That movie pic of the new costume looks bad, not liking it BUT isn't that what everyone said of the WW2 version when they first saw it????

I don't have my finger on the pulse re: the movie costumes so first I saw of the Cap's WW2 outfit was the official pics of this figure. I was blown away by the figure, but had I first seen the costume as a movie still or shot from a set I probably wouldn't have thought much of it. The WW2 costume renders so well as a 1/6 figure - the new costume would probably hold up well in 1/6 too. I can't see it being anywhere near as cool though somehow.

I don't have my finger on the pulse re: the movie costumes so first I saw of the Cap's WW2 outfit was the official pics of this figure. I was blown away by the figure, but had I first seen the costume as a movie still or shot from a set I probably wouldn't have thought much of it. The WW2 costume renders so well as a 1/6 figure - the new costume would probably hold up well in 1/6 too. I can't see it being anywhere near as cool though somehow.

Given the shot in progress, this will be a stunt costume, so very different from the hero. And this is a fly-on-the-wall pic, which is very different from the final colour-corrected film image with VFX sweetening added.
The best ref right now would be the official pics/paintings and the trailer. (and Joss Whedon knows what he's doing I reckon!)

According to the retailer, Warner Home Video is releasing Green Lantern in the U.K. in an Extended Edition on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on 10/17. Paramount will release Transformers: Dark of the Moon on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD there on 11/28. Following on 12/5 from Paramount in the U.K. will be the Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD release of Captain America: The First Avenger.

Back